• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Anyone have any spare long necks?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_guy

Reaction score
Hi

Just getting into home brew - bottled 2nd batch today. 1st batch didn't kill me so keen to keep going.
If anyone has any long neck bottles they don't need it would be great.
I am in Pascoevale.

Cheers

Not sure if you'll find many willing to part with their long necks or though it does happen from time to time as some brewers move from bottle to kegs. I had the same dilemma. A mate advised me to contact your local wedding reception places and ask them nicely if they serve longnecks and if you can come and get some of their discarded bottles. I found 2 up my way without trying and on a good weekend I got enough for 2 brews. Take some gloves as you'll be fishing them out of their recycle bin (unless they put them aside). Yes their only the weak screw top CUB type but I found their are some benefits over the coopers bottles. As I can now access an abundant supply I give away my screw tops to friends as gifts and hang on to my prized coopers bottles. Being only into my 10th brew I also bought boxes of coopers long necks and chiseled into them while my first brews were maturing. Coopers long necks are a bit pricey but when you factor in the price of the bottle it is an attractive price.
http://www.weddingcircle.com.au/vic/pascoe_vale_south/reception_venues

I just gave away 3 crates... you are a day late, heres an idea though, theres a joint in the city called Section 8, it's a little bar run out of a shipping container, they sell bucket loads of Coopers there, might be worth calling in and trying to arrange a collection with them.. as I say, I dunno what their policy is but is probably worth a shot.

otherwise, I will probably have a few more to give away in a few weeks, send me a PM in a few weeks to remind me... Im a fair distance from you though..

Yob

Hi Damn,

Thats a great idea - will give that one a crack for sure. Few of those around here.
Cheers for that

Hi Yob,

Looked up section - cool looking place. Might have to pay them a visit for a beer or 5

thanks

Back