Any Keen Gardeners Here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the ID Grant and Pennywise.

That would explain the smell on the weekend. Wasn't sure what it was or where it was coming from but it smelt like a drop toilet combined with a dead roo :blink:

If the smell continued i was going to call out the poor bastards who work with sewerage.

Between your hops and your lillies, you've got quite a garden!

cheers

grant

My sister ID'ed it for me, but too late. I'd try to ensure you keep on top of it. I have been appointed with removal of arum lilies in the past, and it has been nearly impossible.

I made a half arsed attempt to remove 1 patch of them last year but i couldn't rip them out by hand and when i tried to get under the bulb/tuber/corm with a garden fork all i managed to do was destroy the fork.

There are 2 patches of them and there seem to be more each year. When we bought this place 3 years ago it was a fun first year watching all these plants appear at different stages of the year. Someone put too much thought into this garden, there are plants flowering year round.

Can't seem to find a place in Australia where you can buy this beast? Maybe there is a market for it. I know the massive patch of blood lillies i have are valuable. $50 per bulb. At last count i have 30 of them :eek:

Anyway, thanks again for the ID. Back to beer talk. :chug:

is that known also as a raffesia?
Rafflesia is more of a vine type of plant with a flat, broad flower. But, yeah, they do the rotten meat stink too.

The things one learns when playing Animal Crossing...or not playing Animal Crossing, as the case may be.

(I will be absolutely staggered should anyone get (or admit to getting) that one.)

I made a half arsed attempt to remove 1 patch of them last year but i couldn't rip them out by hand and when i tried to get under the bulb/tuber/corm with a garden fork all i managed to do was destroy the fork.

Glyphosate FTW :beerbang:

Anyone want one or more of these?

I spent a few hours digging them out and ended up with 2 x 9L buckets full of bulbs of sizes ranging from a shallot to grapefruit.

I'd say there are upwards of 50 bulbs and liek Bizier noted, i wont have got them all out. In fact, i think i probably only got half.

Will swap for a bottle of AG beer (ie i post you a few bulbs, you post me a beer) or you can simply pay the postage.

PM me if you're interested

Latest posts

Back