Another All Grain First

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my third in 3 days mashing right now....

I swear, I haven't caught the bug......

The only thing that is going to get to me is the cleaning, apart from that all the rest is great.
Just a quick question what do most of you guys use for cleaning?

Elbow grease....

Seriously, I use no cleaning chemicals except in cases where something can't be wiped off, then it's a bleach solution soak.

The advantage of the stainless steel urn:D Although I would like to know how to polish the outside of it to make it pretty again.

Elbow grease....

Seriously, I use no cleaning chemicals except in cases where something can't be wiped off, then it's a bleach solution soak.

The advantage of the stainless steel urn:D Although I would like to know how to polish the outside of it to make it pretty again.

I'd say a wire wheel on te angle grinder would do a good job, i have not yet tried it, give it that brushed look

I'd say a wire wheel on te angle grinder would do a good job, i have not yet tried it, give it that brushed look

Back when i used to work pubs, we used to do similar with the new pubs we opened, we would "clean" the brand new stainless work surfaces with steel wool, so that the inevitable scratches that would occur would not be so noticeable.

I have actually cleaned the outside of my urn with a synthetic scourer, it has swirl marks.....

Back