Anhc: Calling All Clubs...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyd

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

ANHC is just 23 days away, and we're getting to the point of finalising details for club night.

If you're a member of a club that is brewing for the night, or know someone who is, could you please get in touch with me regarding what is being brewed and how/when it's getting to the conference.

I'm putting this out because we have rumors that some clubs are intending to bring beer along but haven't got back to us to let us know - which is great, but we need to organise logistics

More importantly if you can get the information to us by Thursday the 2nd October we will be able to put a note in the official program listing of beers provided by clubs.

We'd like to have the following details if available:

• the name of each beer,
  • the style of the beer,
  • how much has been brewed,
  • how and when it's arriving at the conference venue,
  • the contact details of the person who it arranging for it to get here.
Please send the details to [email protected].

This comment from the ANHC site is probably a bigger thrill than winning the First place for wheat in the AABC:

"After a chat with Jamil revealed that his favourite beer of the night was Mike Meissner's BigBang APA, I figured I should probably go and check it out. It was quite fortuitous, I'd completely forgotten about the entire ISB table. Whoops!

This was another excellent beer. Brewed with Australian hops or some such. I forget now, it was pretty late by this stage."

I was really happy with this beer and nearly brought a different keg with me, will be brewing it again this weekend!

Recipe, or it never happened ;-)

But well done - A pat-on-the-back by JZ! You should indeed be proud.
:icon_chickcheers:

This comment from the ANHC site is probably a bigger thrill than winning the First place for wheat in the AABC:
"After a chat with Jamil revealed that his favourite beer of the night was Mike Meissner's BigBang APA, I figured I should probably go and check it out. It was quite fortuitous, I'd completely forgotten about the entire ISB table. Whoops!
This was another excellent beer. Brewed with Australian hops or some such. I forget now, it was pretty late by this stage."
I was really happy with this beer and nearly brought a different keg with me, will be brewing it again this weekend!

I would like to say I agree fully with Jamil but I can't ................... drunk soooooo many good brews on the night I can't really remember one from the other. The only thing I didn't drink was a raspberry lambic Luke was trying (daring) me to drink. To get a rap like that from Jamil is high praise and no wonder you are chuffed.

Mike, does this mean you are now entitled to go to Canberra and get that kegerator, cos clearly they awarded the prize to the wrong beer ..............................

Its in the other thread: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...909&st=2120
ANHC Big Bang APA V2

JW Pils 4kg
Munich 1 0.5kg
JW Wheat 0.5Kg
Crystal 40L 160gms
Carapils 220 gms
Melanoidin 100gms

Nelson Sauvin 30 gms 60 min
B- Saaz 30 gms 10 min
Galaxy 35 gms 0 mins

S04 yeast- for its quick fermenting and flocculating properties

Mash 66 C
Boil 1.5 hrs all up

I'll pack my gun and head to the ACT!

I would like to say I agree fully with Jamil but I can't ................... drunk soooooo many good brews on the night I can't really remember one from the other. The only thing I didn't drink was a raspberry lambic Luke was trying (daring) me to drink. To get a rap like that from Jamil is high praise and no wonder you are chuffed.

Mike, does this mean you are now entitled to go to Canberra and get that kegerator, cos clearly they awarded the prize to the wrong beer ..............................

You missed out there fatz, the rasberry lambic was brilliant to my tastes. I may have had more than one, alright 4, glasses :)
I am pretty certain I didn't try this particular IPA but as quoted above there were sooooooo many good beers!

Its in the other thread: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...909&st=2120
ANHC Big Bang APA V2

JW Pils 4kg
Munich 1 0.5kg
JW Wheat 0.5Kg
Crystal 40L 160gms
Carapils 220 gms
Melanoidin 100gms

Nelson Sauvin 30 gms 60 min
B- Saaz 30 gms 10 min
Galaxy 35 gms 0 mins

S04 yeast- for its quick fermenting and flocculating properties

Mash 66 C
Boil 1.5 hrs all up

Got all those ingredients except all three hop varieties. Sadly have too many hops in storage to warrant buying three new types, but would like a crack at this using what I have. What types of flavours did the hops bring to the beer (particularly the Galaxy at flameout - never tried it) and do you think this is a "hoppy" beer or just fine balanced ?

Those blokes in Canberra are all big - better take two guns !

You missed out there fatz, the rasberry lambic was brilliant to my tastes. I may have had more than one, alright 4, glasses

I'm glad you had my share then BC. Fruit in beer .. don't get me started .................................. :angry:

While we are on the subject of beers on club night, what was the impression of the Imperial IPA from the roudy bunch from W.A I loved it so much it would be nice if they could cough up the recipe. If it wasnt for the fact it was a whopping 10.5% ABV I would have most likely remembered the others that I tried.

BYB

While we are on the subject of beers on club night, what was the impression of the Imperial IPA from the roudy bunch from W.A I loved it so much it would be nice if they could cough up the recipe. If it wasnt for the fact it was a whopping 10.5% ABV I would have most likely remembered the others that I tried.

BYB
I also liked this beer but I only had one glass. Too busy drinking kooks brett etc. beers :)
I thought the recipe was floating around somewhere but I could be wrong.

Was a pretty hoppy beer, due to the impact of the NS and Galaxy, but not too bitter so the balance between hop flavour, aroma and bitterness was good. I think the Galaxy at flameout adds a passionfruit/citrus aroma and keeps you coming back for another sip.

Was fermented at 19C and 3 week since I brewed it at club night so quite fresh.

I think it would work out nice with other hops, that recipe is going to become my standard APA grist from now on. BTW it was about 1.048 SG

Back