• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Angram Hand Pump With Timbered Bar Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_labb

Reaction score
I'll be moving in a bit and don't have the spare space for the hand pump. I haven't used it since building the keezer.

For sale is
- Angram CO handpump with medium sparkler
- Barfridge covered in timber to make a mini bar with the pump
- One or two 12L collapsible jerrycans that can be used for cask ale (Instead of allowing air in they just collapse on themselves)
- Roughly 12 unused 4.5L flexible jerrycans as above if I can find them.
- Hose to use the above parts together

Price is $300 ONO. Pick up from SW Sydney (I may be able to deliver it but I'm not sure if I can fit it in the car)

I don't want to sell the pump without the fridge as that just leaves me with a strange bar fridge that takes up space I won't have.

The Pump in an Angram CO with the watercooled cylinder. I think it's a quarter pint. No leaks and cylinder is working well. I bought it second hand from the UK a few years ago. This is a current model so parts are available if you need them down the track.

The fridge is an older bar fridge that I've covered with timber. The fridge works very well. The freezer section door flap is missing and with this gone you can cool the main compartment to around -8*C. A freezer door could be easily made with foam to use it as a proper freezer section for hops or whatever. There is a hole in the side under the pump for the beer line. One of the screw in levelling feet is missing but shouldn't be an issue to sort out.

The sides and door are covered in timber veneer flooring and the top is a solid laminate benchtop piece (blackwood from memory). The top is currently unfinished aside from the oiling it came with. I have routed a radius on the edges. I'd recommend sanding and coating the top with a oil based laquer (time consuming but great finish) or sanding and applying danish oil followed by some beeswax to maintain it. The top is the same piece I have used for my keezer as seen next to it in one photo. This was coated with oil based laquer with a tint for reference.

The timber top extends over the handpump side at the rear half so that the handpump can hang down. The handpump is set back from the front face so that it doesn't protrude. The current drip tray sits proud of the front face but if you replaced it with the small angram drip tray it should sit flush with the front of the unit (I intended it to be flush like this but never ended up ordering a smaller drip tray so didn't test it).

Some thoughts on how to really turn it into something special.

- Replace the tacky looking white drip tray with a small black one would look much better and you would have a spot to leave the beer sitting under the spout.
- Put some trim on the corners of the door to cover the edge of the veneer- something I didn't end up doing as it was in a part of the house that didn't really need it.
- The strip on the hinge side of the door needs to be trimmed back a few mm and glued back on. Another thing I meant to do but didn't.
- Swap the steel screws that hold the top on with brass ones or cover them with a pair of timber rails or similar.
- Install a pump to circulate cold water through the cylinder.

If timing works out alright I am happy to help someone out with a couple things to finish it off (like trimming the door strip if you don't have a router or similar) in exchange for some brews.

Pump Fridge 2.jpeg
Pump Fridge.jpeg
Angram CO.jpeg

Bump

I've got spare bottles as well if anyone wants. Roughly 50L

Latest posts

Back