An English Beer And Food Blog..excellent!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome link, thank you! :beer:

I love beer, beer ingredients etc in cooking. At work today I made a sticky date pudding with an English Best Bitter caramel! Went down a treat :icon_drool2:

I love beer, beer ingredients etc in cooking. At work today I made a sticky date pudding with an English Best Bitter caramel! Went down a treat :icon_drool2:
:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Wololoo! Yummy. Do you have the recipe.

Also, so cooking malty pancakes for a beer breaky. What would you match them with?

Wololoo! Yummy. Do you have the recipe.

G'day Fifey,

Can't remember the exact recipe, but for the pudding, it would have been something like this.

For the caramel, I got 2 litres of best bitter from the taps in the bar (I work for the Sunshine Coast Brewery Bar, so it was SCB Best bitter) and reduced it down to 1 litre. I then added 4 cups of white sugar and reduced by another 1/3, so that it was a nice, syrup like consistency. I let it cool (when cooled, it thickens) and kept at room temperature. I served the hot pudding in a bowl, poured the caramel over and finished with a dollop if cream, whipped with vanilla beans and icing sugar.

It was really, REALLY good. The caramel really retained the taste of the hops in it, which actually worked really well with the pudding. If your wanting to try it, either use your own brewed best bitter, or get one from the bottlo. Dans should have something easy in there somewhere. Just as long as its a good, malt driven beer, you'll be laughing.

Dave

Latest posts

Back