America brand beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankinoz

Reaction score
Annheuser-Inbev, the Belgian-based conglomerate with a Brazilian as its CEO, has decided to rename Budweiser. The new name, for the duration of the US election campaign, which lasts almost forever, is America. Really.

Recently a Channel 9 newsreader referred to the “marathon” Australian elections. Bwahaha. In any event, perhaps some down-under beer might for the duration rename itself Australia. Which one? Coopers Pale? Something brewed by a Japanese or South African owned company?

Back in the USA, most people will recognise the rebranding as a cynical effort to improve Budweiser's fast-shrinking market share. My bet is the ploy will work anyway. Turn out for Trump and hold a can high, etc.

I'll also bet the Budweiser sold here, which for some reason a few people actually buy, will keep its name.

On the bandwagon. My mid pale ale will henceforth be renamed Homebrew until we have a new government! God bless A'maltster.

shouldn't that read merica.

thanks billy bob. tell sue ellen that its just as well she was edumicated so that she could help you spell that

yankinoz said:
Annheuser-Inbev, the Belgian-based conglomerate with a Brazilian as its CEO, has decided to rename Budweiser. The new name, for the duration of the US election campaign, which lasts almost forever, is America. Really.

Recently a Channel 9 newsreader referred to the “marathon” Australian elections. Bwahaha. In any event, perhaps some down-under beer might for the duration rename itself Australia. Which one? Coopers Pale? Something brewed by a Japanese or South African owned company?

Back in the USA, most people will recognise the rebranding as a cynical effort to improve Budweiser's fast-shrinking market share. My bet is the ploy will work anyway. Turn out for Trump and hold a can high, etc.

I'll also bet the Budweiser sold here, which for some reason a few people actually buy, will keep its name.

Well, if the shoe fits..

Budweiser-720x415.jpg

Latest posts

Back