Am I On The Right Track

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trooper

Reaction score
HI everone ,

This is my first post so first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR! O.K. then,

I just read the article on gassing and flow ressitance for my keg system checked my fridge temp its at 4.00c(a bit too cold so I've raised the temp and will adjust till I hit 6.00c) I currently have 19ltrs of sparkling ale and 10ltrs of apple n black currant cider in my fridge, Co2 reading @ around 120.00 one and has sat at that since I kegged it yesterday, I'm aiming for it to be ready to drink by saturday, of the first things I've picked up on is that my beer line is only 2mtrs long ! so this is the first problem I've come to understand that is causing my beer to foam up so I will increase my beer line to 4mtrs for the ale and use the 2mtr length for my bronco gun I'll be using for my 10ltrs of cider.My question is Will my ale be sufficiantly carbonated after 3days or do I need to increase the pressure to 200, then burp the keg and drop to 120 and with the longer beer line to slow my flow down any help would be apriciated.

The colder the beer is, the quicker it will take up the co2, so given that it had a couple of days at 4C, and will have another couple at 6c, I would have thought it would be likely be carbed (or at least well on its way). It would take about a week(-ish) at pouring pressure at around 8C if just sitting.

But to me, it sounds like the level of carb your aiming for is pretty high....120kpa@6C= about 2.8-2.9volumes of CO2, thats pretty fizzy, even for a sparkling ale.

Latest posts

Back