Aldi Welder The Go For Brew Frame?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a stick welder here, an oldie but a goodie, but fair dinkum, when I weld nowadays I shake that much there's no point in doing it myself. Vertical up looks like a chook walked up the fillet and shat every step.

Have a stick welder here, an oldie but a goodie, but fair dinkum, when I weld nowadays I shake that much there's no point in doing it myself. Vertical up looks like a chook walked up the fillet and shat every step.

LOL
My dad has found that his 'tremor' tends to move the tip of the electrode about the correct amount needed for a nice neat fillet :D .

My current brew frame is 2nd hand dexion. its cross-braced and feels really strong. 100kg no problem. i think it was about $120 all up from a storage place. they even cut up some sections no problems, as i had a list of what lengths from a basic sketch plan i did.

cheers

Thanks for the comments Browndog. I've welded before but only "had a quick go" of of an arc welder that somebody else was using when I was quite a bit younger. So this little puppy should be a good way to get re-acquainted.

I already have a brewstand - dexion bolt-together stuff. But I just wanted a welder to do odd jobs etc. One thing I want to so as a simple "first effort" is build a little portable bbq. Just a disc plough blade and a few legs - probably just 1/2" reo or something. Nice simple job I would think.

i just got the bunnings job works well 3 yr warrenty welding 50 x 50 tube 1.6 execpt my arc wealding is not as good as my mig thank god for Grinding and flap disks

i just got the bunnings job works well 3 yr warrenty welding 50 x 50 tube 1.6 execpt my arc wealding is not as good as my mig thank god for Grinding and flap disks

Jazman,

Why on earth would you spend money on an el-cheapo stick arc welder when you already have access to a MIG?
Is the MIG an el-cheapo & has died? :(

Think green!

:beer:

Mig at work, dont want to be at work all the time and plus getting crap home, plus i need practice at the stick at home have a few projects so i can do em when i want to plus the boss wont let me borrow one of the migs i have tried that plus the migs at work aint el cheapo also i got a 10 amp as i havent got a 15 amp power in the shed

Back