Alcohol And Brain Damage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
There's a bit of a push today in the press about long term drinking and brain damage.

http://www.arbias.org.au/

Bugger - posted this in the wrong forum.
Seem to be forgetting things lately <_< :lol:

Can a mod put this into the Pub please.

Moved to The Pub Rob as requested.

Only found it because my wife was just talking about this study.

Beers,
Doc

I choose to not read the article and get on with my research! :blink:

InCider.

Don't you love researchers.
Alcohol is good.... alcohol is bad ....alcohol is good.

Aspirin is good.... aspirin is bad..... aspirin is the new wonder drug

Chocolate is bad now its great

researchers have no idea at all.

anyway I work in health and see 23 year olds coming in with heart attacks and worse. Something will get you no matter what you do

Moderation in all things is my philosophy

Cheers as I raise my glass!

Jimmy

Can't remember if this topic has been raised before, maybe it has. Maybe I've searched on this topic before, can't remember.

hu.... whats that?

yeah yeah yeah yeah...... they will find drinking water causes cancer if it sells stories in the papers

time for a beer

cheers

ahhh, the media....and another study....

most researchers are researching a very tightly defined topic and will be looking at how alocohl affects X in the brain (for instance)

the press gives me the sh!ts, they never put things into context :angry: .

I personally had trouble getting to the computer.Balance problem.
Now what was the question again.
Havent i read these fear factor studies before.Shouldnt eat this shouldnt drink that etc etc.

Cheers
Big D

Don't you love researchers.
Alcohol is good.... alcohol is bad ....alcohol is good.

Yep!!!

I was thinking the same when I saw this study. Seriously every single f$&cking study produces results that contradict the last. It all depends on who was funding the research by the look of it.

I say, if you feel it is a problem for you then it is a problem. If you feel comfortable and it isn't bothering anyone you cohabitate with then continue.

We are living longer than we ever did a century ago anyway. If you want to spend you years in a state of comatose unaware of all the shit that pollies and corporations are doing to the planet then so be it. I know I will be :)

Most scientific studies I've seen seem to agree that being born will eventually kill you.

I remember (!) a story in the paper about a bloke who lived to 100. Asked what his secret was he replied 'Beer and cigarettes'. It's all the genes. Cheers.

my wife turned the volume up when this crap came on the news the other night.....I sat there rolling a durry and slurping on a beer!
Cheers
Steve

NOthing me to HAs affECted BeeN bY ALcoHOL. :ph34r:

WArReNNNNN -

I'll be right, I'm having an AFD today. A good cause for a celebration hey? :beer:

every year the benchmark for 'binge drinking' lowers, soon it will be more than 1 standard drink = binge drinking.

and who has more than 6 drinks every night? i save up all my drinks for the weekend (6 per week night = 35 for the weekend) :p

as said already. everything in moderation.

<chopped>
anyway I work in health and see 23 year olds coming in with heart attacks and worse. Something will get you no matter what you do
Moderation in all things is my philosophy
</chopped>
Jimmy
I have a mate who had a heartie when he was young. Amphetamines will do that to ya!

Moderation in excess, and excesses in moderation.

Petesbrew, I'm also having an AFD to celebrate yesterday's (near) AFD. It will end after dinner tonight when I crack a Grayston's Reserve ale.

Seth :p

Back