Alcohol And Brain Damage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my wife turned the volume up when this crap came on the news the other night.....I sat there rolling a durry and slurping on a beer!
Cheers
Steve
My wife did the same thing, only I had just dropped a full king brown of Belgian Strong on the tiles :huh: Ntohnig worng wtih me.
Needless to say I am to have a beer free week. The family reckons I can't do it. :eek:
Thank God for alcoholic lolly pops.

Steve

brain damage!!!! :blink:

beer_zombies.jpg

I have a mate who had a heartie when he was young. Amphetamines will do that to ya!

Moderation in excess, and excesses in moderation.

Petesbrew, I'm also having an AFD to celebrate yesterday's (near) AFD. It will end after dinner tonight when I crack a Grayston's Reserve ale.

Seth :p

Actually a splash of sherry went in the "marinade" for my salmon fillet last night.
I had to counteract the Omega-3.

I'm celebrating by bringing in some HB for tastings at work on thursday.

I have a mate who had a heartie when he was young. Amphetamines will do that to ya!

Moderation in excess, and excesses in moderation.

Petesbrew, I'm also having an AFD to celebrate yesterday's (near) AFD. It will end after dinner tonight when I crack a Grayston's Reserve ale.

thought Grayston's Reserve was a dunkelweizen? will be drinking it this thursday, getting a full keg in of it :D

with regards to drinking, i drink on average maybe 3-4 nights a week? usually have a big night friday and/or saturday, and monday and wednesday are usually pretty quiet, only having a couple.

still, im sure the binge drinking on the weekend will catch up with me one day, but hey, im a uni student, thats my excuse :p

Reminds me of that ol' pearl:

Read in the paper the other day that drinking was bad for you.

Had me really worried.

Resolved to give up reading.

The April 18, 2001 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association published a study that found that drinkers of alcohol had a lower risk of dying from a heart attack. The study, led by Dr. Kenneth J. Mukamal of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, studied 1,913 patients at 45 hospitals between 1989-1994. Each patient had been hospitalized with a heart attack. The report concluded that moderate drinkers had a 32 percent lower risk of dying from a heart attack than those who didn't drink alcohol. Moderate drinkers, according to the researchers, were defined as people who drank at least seven drinks a week. Light drinkers (less than seven drinks a week) had a 21 percent lower risk. The findings were similar for men and women.

As in other studies, Dr. Mukamal's team found that alcohol helps prevent heart disease by boosting levels of HDL cholesterol and by thinning the blood or reducing insulin resistance.

thought Grayston's Reserve was a dunkelweizen? will be drinking it this thursday, getting a full keg in of it :D

with regards to drinking, i drink on average maybe 3-4 nights a week? usually have a big night friday and/or saturday, and monday and wednesday are usually pretty quiet, only having a couple.

still, im sure the binge drinking on the weekend will catch up with me one day, but hey, im a uni student, thats my excuse :p
but maybe you forget that weizen is an ale?

I gotta believe the credo of "Drink less, drink better". If you enjoy it, savour it...quality over quantity any time.

but...whatever floats ya boat. I support everyone's option to choose something different to my choices.

Pls try not to serve the Grayston's too cold. U will get more from it as it warms. Enjoy!
BTW, can U advise what a keg of it costs?

but maybe you forget that weizen is an ale?

I gotta believe the credo of "Drink less, drink better". If you enjoy it, savour it...quality over quantity any time.

but...whatever floats ya boat. I support everyone's option to choose something different to my choices.

Pls try not to serve the Grayston's too cold. U will get more from it as it warms. Enjoy!
BTW, can U advise what a keg of it costs?

of course, just was making sure you didnt typo or something. all is good :D

Hopefully the keg will be set up well, as there will be 3 matilda bay guys there thursday night, so im sure they will know how to properly serve the beer they created, lol.

Will try my best to find out what they would charge for a keg of it for you as well, but i reckon it will be a pretty substantial amount, as its pretty high in demand and very limited supply's of it.

Looking forward to trying it quite a lot, will be my first time trying a dunkelweizen.

Will also have Alpha Pale Ale (matilda bay), Wizard Smith Ale (boags) and Foresters Pale Ale (two meter tall) on tap to enjoy as well, so should be a great night.

The problem with a lot of reporting is the sweeping generalisations they make

The current push to portray alcohol as evil seems to be a response to current teenage binge drinking trends

While this is a major issue in society I don't think that sensationalist reporting is an appropriate method to deal with the problem

A report I saw on telly had an old bloke who said that "Young people don't go to the pub for a couple of beers any more, rather they go out to get wasted"

Cheers

I'm waiting for the research that proclaims beer reduces waist size as well.....

Topically, catalyst(ABC tv Thurs 8pm) are running a story about alchohol and the teenage brain this week.

Bit late for me i'm afraid :blink:

Topically, catalyst(ABC tv Thurs 8pm) are running a story about alchohol and the teenage brain this week.

Bit late for me i'm afraid :blink:

lol, the irony that ill be missing that as i'll be at a beer related gathering.

Latest posts

Back