Aiba 2008 - Matilda Bay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe this got taken the wrong way, my comment was mainly aimed at the newspaper article more than anything else. MB pump out some fine beers especially from the garage but to say that they are a WA brewer is a fallacy, they were at one stage but no longer if the reporter could read then he would have noted this!

Matilda Bay Brewing Company
MELBOURNE, VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA
Bohemian Pilsner
Redback Mild
Redback Original

Please correctly if I am wrong but my understanding but I have been lead to believe that Matilda Bay is owned by Fosters now, who has shut down its Fremantle operations and brews Matilda Bay out of their Abbotsford Brewery in Victoria. If all being true then the Australian article should been titled Victorian brewery gets top beer honour or Fosters gets top beer honour....? Be gentle on me its 5am when I wrote this :)

And dont forget the MB Garage Brewery in Dandenong.

Wes

There's a flipside to that one though ... you might notice that the James Squire brewhouses won the odd medal for the same beer brewed at two of their different locations. Same brand, same recipe, different brewery so more than one medal.

Not commenting on the rightness or wrongness either way, just that it goes in both directions.

Thirsty Boy, and your 100% correct. It has been mentioned before that if it is the "brand" that gets the medal, then how can they enter twice. This is a complex issue, and one I think we'll be spending a lot of meeting minutes on trying to resolve and hopefully, we'll find some happy ground.

Pedro, The Good Reverend Dr J Bob, Big Fridge and myself also picked up awards...

Seems we need Gordon Lindsay to come back from the dead, GOLD GOLD GOLD was pretty hard to come by this Comp.

Scotty
I managed to pick up a bronze so was pretty happy with that on the first outing.

Was also good to meet a few AHB members yesterday over a few quiet ones ;)

Cheers, Andrew.

Nice work to the Brisbane Brewhouse, i believe this was thier first major comp and they picked up quite a few silvers and a few bronzes...
:beer:

Please correctly if I am wrong but my understanding but I have been lead to believe that Matilda Bay is owned by Fosters now, who has shut down its Fremantle operations and brews Matilda Bay out of their Abbotsford Brewery in Victoria. If all being true then the Australian article should been titled Victorian brewery gets top beer honour or Fosters gets top beer honour....? Be gentle on me its 5am when I wrote this :)

None of the MB range is being brewed at Abbotsford at the moment. Its either coming out of the Garage in Dandenong or is being done at Cascade.

So, Victorian OR Tasmanian

Well done to the AHB boys! A great showing from Keith, Gough and Dig.

Dig, you can't have missed champion small brewery by much with two golds.
Must have been close...

Pretty happy with the result. Far too busy these days to give my AIBA entries that extra bit of tank time that they need. I just racked into kegs the beers that were on tap at the bar on the day that entries had to be sent. A real snap shot of Colonial beers. Punters in at the brewery would have received exactly the same beer experience as that presented to the judges.

Congrats to David and Janet Hollioak at RedOak; the hardest working couple in craft beer.

My last day at Colonial today. Hand over the silver, turn in the truck keys and apply myself elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back