Ag Brewers In The Newcastle Area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been extract brewing for about 5 months now with good results and am contemplating the move to AG.

I've read a lot of info about it, but must admit to being a bit overwhelmed in terms of the options available for equipment and processes. With this in mind I would be very grateful if anyone doing AG in the Newcastle area would be willing to let me look over their shoulder and ask some dumb questions.

Aside from learning it would be great to meet some like minded beer lovers in my area and just have a yarn.

I'm booked in to do an AG brew at Marks Home Brew next week which should be a good learning experience also.

Cheers!

Unfortunately Newcastle brewers are notoriously bad at brewing and have the social graces of bull sharks Brewbie, so basically you would be wasting your time learning from them you may as well come up to Sunny Qld where you can become the brewers brewer! :ph34r:

:icon_cheers:

Chappo

(brewbie this should stirr'em up for ya mate! Their a fiesty lot)

hi brewbie,

doing your first AG at mark's shop is a great idea. while you are there, try to get as much info out of him as you can. he's knows alot.

i'm sure that oncec you have done that you will realise that it's not as tricky as it's cracked up to be.

You cant go wrong with brewing at MHB shop, at least you wont have far to go if you forget anything including info.

Im brewing tonight, probably kick off at 7ish and finish around midnight then clean up tomorrow. Most of the interesting action should be finished by 10ish though.
I also plan on reusing the yeast cake so Ill be doing another brew in one to two weeks time, probably a similar time of day though because I mash in then put the kids to bed.

PM me if interested

Chappo, we like to be thought of as poor brewers with antisocial tendencies and crappy beaches and weather. It helps keep all the Queenslanders away.

Offy

while you are there, try to get as much info out of him as you can.

:lol: lol that shouldn't be too hard. I'll challenge you to go in there for an entire brew (or to even go in there at all) without getting any info out of him :p

I drop in for a minute and end up spending half the day there haha

How did you brew go at Mark's?

I think brewbie could be at MHB right now.

I just rang to check up on an order i had placed and mark said it would be ready tomorrow, as he was just about to mash in with a new AGer

Back