Adjusting The Crankandstien 2a

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Iguana

Reaction score
I am having trouble adjusting the gap om my crankandstein 2A mill. It has two screws either end of the idler roller, are these the set screws? there are also two more screws on the frame perpendicular to the idler roller, do these need to be loose before adjusting? Do the drive roller and idle roller contact eath other, it has gears cut at each end. I would post a pic however the missus has the camera.......

Cheers

Thanks for the info Chippy, it is really the same as what came with the mill.
I have followed these instructions with no luck. One side of the roller seemed to close up whilst the other stayed put. Now the gap is shorter at one end compared to the other. Any crank owners out there ?

Cheers

I had a similar problem with mine and scratched my head for a bit wondering WTF was I supposed to do to adjust the gap, it really is easy when you work it out but a bit difficult to explain.

The two knobs on the side of the rollers need to be turned equally (To keep the gap equal) the two screws at the end of the mill need to be slightly loosened in order to achieve this and tightened finger tight once you are happy with your gap.
You might find the knobs a bit tough to turn by hand, I do and used a mole grips which makes light work of it.

Glad to see you finally got your mill, was this a replacemant or did the original turn up?

It was a replacement....i did not ask for it, Roy from TWOC homebrew supplies just sent it of his own back...what a top bloke......

cheers

Back