Aabc 2006 Info For Wa & Sa Qualifiers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doglet

Reaction score
Here is a list of qualified entries for the SA and WA entrants. At the bottom of each list is some specific info about sending your entries.

SA Qualifiers,

B1. Low Alcohol
Mark Prior - Light Australian Lager
Bruce Smith - English mild
Robert Smith - English mild

B2 British Ale
Tim Harriss - English pale Ale
David Bond - English Bitter
Robert Smith - Irish Ale

B3 Pale Ale
Aaron Caruana - India Pale Ale
Adam Beauchamp - American Pale Ale
David Bond - Australian Pale Ale

B4 Dark Ale
Tim Harriss - English Brown (Northern)
Tim Harriss - American Brown
Peter Winch - Robust Porter

B5 Strong Ale
Brian Astill - English Strong Ale
Tim Harriss - Imperial Stout
Darren Miller - American Barley Wine
David Armstrong - Imperial stout

B6 Stout
Mark Cox - Classic Dry Irish Stout
Stuart Campbell - Australian/Foreign stout
Bill Parker - Australian/Foreign stout

B7 Pale Lager
Peter Winch - Kolsch
Mark Shepherdson - Pale Continental Lager
Sam Hamlyn/Daniel Argent - Bohemian Pilsner

B8 Dark Lager
Aaron Caruana - Schwarzbier
Peter Winch - Altbier
Sam Hamlyn/Daniel Argent – Oktoberfest

B9 Strong Lager
Jeff Lynn - Doppelbock
Steve Court - Traditional Bock
Anthony King - Helles Bock

B10 Pale Australian Lager
Stuart Kearney - Pale Australian Lager
Mark Prior - Pale Australian Lager
Grant Thomas - Premium Australian Lager

B11 Wheat Beer
Sam Hamlyn/Daniel Argent - Weizenbock
Sam Hamlyn/Daniel Argent - Weizen
Jason Wright – Weizen

B12 Belgian & French Ale (17)
Aaron Caruana - Tripel
Mark Rasheed - Trappist
Sam Stacey – Tripel

B13 Fruit, Herbs & Speciality
Jeff Lynn - Peat smoked whiskey malt lager
Michael Boots - Historic Colonial American Ale
Anthony King - Pumpkin Ale

SA entries should have been received at the presentation. If not go to the SABSOSA webpage and give Trevor or Mike a call or you can PM me. All SA entries will be packaged up in the next couple of weeks to be sent over to the competition.

WA Qualifiers

B1 - LOW ALCOHOL (<3.5%)
Simon Barrett - English mild

B2 - BRITISH ALE
Ashley Hazell - English Bitter

B3 - PALE ALE
Ashley Hazell - American Pale Ale
Alan McKinnon - India Pale Ale
Asher Mitchell - India Pale Ale

B4 - DARK ALE
Ashley Hazell - Robust Porter
Ashley Hazell - American Brown
Gavin Melhuish - Brown Porter

B5 - STRONG ALE (>6.5%)
Ian Walker - English Strong Ale
Simon Barrett - Barley Wine

B6 - STOUT
Ashley Hazell - Australian/Foreign stout

B7 - PALE LAGER
Alan McKinnon - Kolsch
Asher Mitchell - German Pilsner
Asher Mitchell - Munich Helles

B8 - DARK LAGER
Asher Mitchell – Marzen

B9 - STRONG LAGER (>6%)
B10 - PALE AUSTRALIAN LAGER
Gavin Melhuish - Australian Bitter

B11 - WHEAT BEER
Case Sinclair – Weizen

B12 - BELGIAN & FRENCH ALE
Alan McKinnon - Trappist
Ian Walker - Trappist
Ashley Hazell – Dubbel

B13 - FRUIT, HERBS, SPECIALTY BEERS
Asher Mitchell - Smoked Marzen

WA entries should be sent to:
Grain & Grape, 5/280 Whitehall Street, Yarraville, 3013.
The entry fee is $10, include also contact details and label bottle with Cat & style entered.
Cheques should be made out to VICBREW
Some other info: OG/FG is required for low Alcohol category

All SABSOSA judging sheets & trophies were sent to TWOC on 18th September 2006. Please contact Roy Ladhams for the presentation date.

edit: Grain and Grape address

Ash - yes it's $10 per beer entered as set by the VicBrew organising committee. Hope to see you name on the lists.

For everyone - More info about the AABA and the AABC can be found at the VicBrew website.

Attention all SA & WA qualifiers:

All SA received entries received via the presentation and drop offs have been packaged up and will be sent in the next day or so.

I accidentaly put the old address for Grain and Grape in my original post and have now edited it.

All other qualified entries should be sent to:

Grain & Grape, 5/280 Whitehall Street, Yarraville, 3013

Cost is $10 per entry. Cheques made out to VICBREW.

I'm extremely sorry if anyone has been inconvenienced by my address stuff up. :unsure:

I'm extremely sorry if anyone has been inconvenienced by my address stuff up. :unsure:

So...if someone had carefully packaged up one of the last few bottles of a special beer they had made 2 years ago, and posted it to the address that was here previously, any idea if it would have got to G and G? Guess I'll have to make some phone calls tomorrow and try to find out if its rattling round in postal limbo.

I guess it is too late for a unorganised SA brewer to still enter?

JESUS H CHRIST
MY LAST 2 BOTTLES OF A 2 YEAR OLD BEER.
INCONVENIENCED?

After an hour on the phone, turns out your entries and my entries are at the correct Grain and Grape. They dont have a postal redirection, so the only reason they made it is that either the PO found a new address or the new residents in Maidstone were kind enough to redirect it. Fairly flocking lucky really.

On another note, the entries remain fully packaged, unopened and on their side at Grain and Grape. Don't suppose there is any chance that a steward from VICBREW might pick the entries up and turn them right way up before the comp?

Vlad and Guest Lurker - Once again I am extremely sorry. The original address was the old Grain and Grape address so hopefully Australia Post sense prevails (hopefully that isn't an oxymoron). I cut and pasted an email sent to me and thought the address looked right as I had been to their shop at that location on a couple of interstate trips. It was only last night when it suddenly hit me that they had moved to Yarraville. Please keep me informed via PM.

edit - As I previewed my post I saw your new post that they arrived safely after a detour. I'm sorry for the moments of panic.

Darren - 26 out of the 40 SA entries were packaged up into 3 boxes last night. You can still send you entries with money to the correct Grain and Grape address. The judging is on 12th November so get them in in the next week so they have maximum time to settle. Go to the Vicbrew website and use one of their entry forms for your bottles. The SABSOSA committee has sent a full list to the organisers so they can double check.

Go to the Vicbrew website and use one of their entry forms for your bottles.

Doglet,

Where can I get the details of the AABC comp to send to NSW qualifiers ?

The Vicbrew website doesn't seem to have any entry details (prices, dates, fees etc), only the basic AABA rules.

David

Hi David,

Have a look at the AABC rules and info here and contact one of the VIC delegates directly via email. I'm not one of the main SA delegates but the cc'd emails I receive usually have gone through to/from Mark Hibberd.

Hope this helps.

Tim Harriss

Latest posts

Back