A Wheat Beer Query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark.farrell1

Reaction score
Hi all

I have brewed my first wheat beer and have done all the things that i normally do to try and make a nice clean, clear beer. But this brew has'nt turned out what i thought it would, it is quite cloudy and does'nt have that much tast. I am comparing it to a beer i used to buy in queensland called Thirsty Dog. I know that my brew will not taste the same. But i really don't know what has happened as i was really looking foward to this brew being a hit. Does anyone have a good wheat beer receipe using kits. I am open to partial grain brewing if that makes any sense but don't know how to read the measurements or apply the info to my brew. Any help guys would be better than this brew. I will drink it all though.

P.S. It was a black rock whispering whaet.

thanks Brewers :)

Wheat beers are meant to cloudy, or at least the non-krystal ones.

Lack at taste would, to me at least, indicate an ale yeast being used. What yeast did you use for this ?

Did you add anything else to kit ?

Wheat beers are meant to cloudy, or at least the non-krystal ones.

Lack at taste would, to me at least, indicate an ale yeast being used. What yeast did you use for this ?

Did you add anything else to kit ?

I cant remember it was the yeast that came in the lid.

I'd say it was from the yeast you used.Under the lid yeast is shit.

What type of wheat beer you trying to replicate?

Mark, an easy no fuss approach would be "throw the kit yeast too the shithou$e" and keeping it simple WB06,or Craftbrewer > dry weizen yeast.
That Yeast will bring good results.
Good Luck
Haysie

I am brewing this as we speak.

I got this recipe from the forum.
1x tin BlackRock whispering wheat beer
1kg dried wheat malt extract
500g dried malt extract
250g dried corn syrup
400g honey
wyeast 3068 "whienstephan" yeast or a HQ wheat yea

1080og (Mine was 1068 at 19c)
1016fg - Still brewing so no clue yet
9.0%ABV - Will update when ready

Give this one a try, I am enjoying this one and its not even completed.

Back