a quick introduction

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daehssip

Reaction score
Hi I am Steve and I am an alcoholic...oops wrong site wow I bet that hasn't been done before...but seriously I used to do the regular thing you grab a bit of sugar a can of draught from Coles and a bit of H2o and throw it all together and now after ten years I have decided to dig out the fermenter grabbed a bit of sugar...off to Coles you know the drill...anyhoo not gonna progress much more than that so no use preaching to me about all that fancy pants stuff. If someone could be so kind to point me to the brewing for idiots section As I have a simple question to ask which has been asked probably a 1000 times before, but if it saves me delving through pages of FAQ's then that suits me fine. Thanks in advance

Kit & Extracts...bet the bug will get you eventually though...gets everyone...;)

Think you might be wrong on that one, Wbosher I'm definately like the Nightrider ( wordplay ....something or rather referencing Hasselhoffs car Kit) :)

Nothing wrong with most of the kits out there.

They're designed & made by professional brewers and all the hard work is done to make a particular style.

Most of the damage is done by adding simple sugar instead of malt and failure to ferment at the right temperatures &/or with a poor cousin yeast.

Nothing "fancy pants" about brewing for quality, indeed making a good beer at the right temperature is fundamentally no different to making a roast chook at the right temperature with the right side serves.

At the end of the day, you get to choose between ok quality or craft quality according to your own taste & technique. Kits and extracts forum is the place for info.

Welcome to the site.
Martin

After a long days work I don't fuss too much about the quality, mainly the quantity and the temperature.

But you don't have to fuss much at all...

Instead of popping to woolies, pop into your homebrew shop instead.
Get some good malt extract & hops, boil it for a bit, then add the yeast when it's cool. You know the drill.

Not significantly more involved than what you can get in the supermarket, but 10 times better and 100 times more flexible.

Anyway, are you going to ask your question or not?

Latest posts

Back