A Few Nice Spirits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffd

Reaction score
I was out last night & stumbled accross a pub, a block from chapel street that had some mighty fine spirits at very good prices.two standouts were an armanac & a barenjager, there was also a nice calvados & a port that smelled & tasted nice but really lacked body.

The armagnac was an 1985 vintage only cost 14.50 in a yuppie bar, I was expecting $20-30 a shot to be honest, it was just beautiful

Delord Armagnac website

photo_3.JPG

the barenjager was very similar to Athol Brose, I'll have to get some of this for Johnny Kingston, I'm sure the honey was leatherwood, if not something very similar.

photo_4.JPG

anyway, if you get a chance to taste either of these, I highly recommend them.
I've just e-mailed Delord for a pricelist on the armagnac.

Nick's in Doncaster seems to stock it if it's any help... :)

the barenjager was very similar to Athol Brose, I'll have to get some of this for Johnny Kingston, I'm sure the honey was leatherwood, if not something very similar.

I know our local Dan's carries this. Have always been tempted to try it...

Ah, the old bear hunter.

We were staying at Innsbruck a few years ago preparing to go out for a feed one night. While the wife was showering and so on, I decided to pull a chair up to the bay window of our room overlooking the Inn river and treat myself to a few 'aperitifs' from the pint bottle of Brenjger I'd bought in Poland.

I'm use to staggering a little on the way home - on the way out, not so much.
That shits deadly.

Back