9l Kegs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the german guy ran out there was another ebay seller from france but shipping was a bitch but still around $85 each (once again for an order of four) don't have his name off the top of my head, might check through email see if I can find him.

ok found the link obviously the euro has fallen a little since I checked this, also the guy may have changed the courier Linky

best of luck

Just sent the guy a message regarding postage to Australia.

Will post when I have an answer. Cheers WoolBrew. :icon_cheers:

Reply from keg guy,

Hi, the shipping cost for one keg is 66,10 for 2 is 132,10 ( the price is from the french poste office colissimo international ).best regads Frank

Cheers WoolBrew :icon_cheers:

Some time ago I got 3 nine litre kegs from the USA.

If I recall they cost me about $50.00 each and I got some other bits sent inside them as well.

I can't remember exactly the supplier but I think it was the Chico Company guy that used to trade under another name.
I think Batz may have got some also at the same time as did a lot of other guys that used to frequent this forum, so if any of them are reading this they may help with more accurate details.

Cheers

i got 4 x 9L kegs from France, it only took about 7 days for them to turn up,took me longer to go pick them up from the post office on my day off,all where clean,just need to drill out a small hole for the pressure relief valve ,i brought a soft sided esky with wheel and a handle from BCF for 36 bucks fit perfect and small gas bottle fits in the side pocket,

9L kegs are great. I got 4 from the german guy for about $75 each delivered.

They're the perfect size for parties, camping and to take to work :ph34r:

Some time ago I got 3 nine litre kegs from the USA.

If I recall they cost me about $50.00 each and I got some other bits sent inside them as well.

I can't remember exactly the supplier but I think it was the Chico Company guy that used to trade under another name.
I think Batz may have got some also at the same time as did a lot of other guys that used to frequent this forum, so if any of them are reading this they may help with more accurate details.

Cheers

Yes I bought 4 at a time from the US, back when they still had surface mail. I bought 12 in total and still have 5 left.
I love them and use them for my mongrel and party kegs. I can't remember what I paid for them now but I sold the extras and ended up with mine for almost nix.

Do you have any jobs going where you work?? :)
Only if you're not sensitive to being constantly sent NSFW material, having Friday morning tea then afternoon beers/scotch.

It's a tough gig.

I have 3 of the 9L kegs from the german ebay seller.

Lager brewing is time consuming (in my brewery 3-4 months not to mention an extended brew day with decoctions standard, YMMV) and given the small height of krausen i can fit 29L in a '30L' fermenter. After lagering i have enough to fill a 19L and a 9L keg.

I also use them for parties.

More recently i bought 2 x 11.5L kegs which enables me to split a single 20L batch between a 11.5 and 9L keg. I like sharing but I am currently finding it hard to find the time to brew so it's a bit annoying when mates drain a keg in a sitting. So i only tap 1 small keg and leave the other for me B)

There is an ebay seller who sells new 9L kegs for $125 - Link

I have heard that those 11.5L keys (i believe they come in 23L as well) are a PITA to clean? Something to do with the welds?

I may be wrong, just going on what i was told a while back... IIRC

I have heard that those 11.5L keys (i believe they come in 23L as well) are a PITA to clean? Something to do with the welds?

I may be wrong, just going on what i was told a while back... IIRC

There was a thread on them a while back, they said they were not food grade welds and some had rust in them.

edit: Add this link to topic Keg King New Kegs?, are they any good?

double edit: just re-reading that thread, the ones DrSmurto linked too have different handles, so may be different kegs

QldKev

Latest posts

Back