92 % Efficiency

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could wolfgang kunzes be german
and think german

Yep that's what TB said and that's when I understood his book a lot better. And I ignored his efficiency calculations and went by what my lecturer uses.

So you do your efficiency the German way which does not allow for >100% efficiencies.

Everyone else here does efficiencies the other way, which does allow for >100% efficiencies.

So stop trying to argue that the non-German way is wrong...it simply isn't. You can't compare the two without doing some calculations based on the potential extract of the grain, but neither is wrong.

James

6409.strip.zoom.gif

thanks james
it was stated that i was wrong
there are different ways to cut a cat though

thanks james
it was stated that i was wrong
there are different ways to cut a cat though

Actually I think the problem is that you're telling everyone else that they are wrong but I'm sure you'll correct me about that.

Actually I think the problem is that you're telling everyone else that they are wrong but I'm sure you'll correct me about that.

Yep that's what I had the problem with. And the fact that, in this calculation, you can have more that 100% efficiency.

You are doing the calculation right speedie, just not in a way that is directly comparable with other peoples efficiencies.

Everyone else is also doing it right. Just different.

Yes, I went from airlocks to glad wrap to cat skin within a matter of weeks...

It's what all the best brewers do speedie. I'm surprised you don't.
You're forgetting that any cat that would fit his airlock is on the endangered species list. Quite noble of him to go without, IMO.

I reckon you could substitute a great dane or a shetland pony though, speedie. Wouldn't want anyone thinking you weren't the best brewer in the country...

No one really thinks you will get the exact same result when you drive the car, if you lead-foot it you will use more, if you drive like your-mum you can easily burn less fuel.

MHB

I don't know much about the rest of this thread, but in this I can say MHB that you are absolutely, categorically wrong. My Mum is a leadfoot. Bit scary really.

:D

It seems that it has been a catastorphy that blasted lead foot

Latest posts

Back