9 Days In A Bottle And Absolutly No Carbonation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerlover101

Reaction score
guys please help me, my very first brew has been in the bottle for 9 days and is producing no bubbles whatsoeva, :( should it have bubbles yet?? i know its a bit early to drink but it still tastes alright it just needs a head. i used a measured sugar scoup and the bottles are slightly smaller than what the scoup is measured for so iam pretty sure its not the quantity of sugar,could it be the temp??

guys please help me, my very first brew has been in the bottle for 9 days and is producing no bubbles whatsoeva, :( should it have bubbles yet?? i know its a bit early to drink but it still tastes alright it just needs a head. i used a measured sugar scoup and the bottles are slightly smaller than what the scoup is measured for so iam pretty sure its not the quantity of sugar,could it be the temp??

Grafton ambient temps must be mid twenties at the moment. After 9 days it should be well past halfway in the carbonation scene unless you let the yeast go very dormant ... how long between stable FG and bottling did you leave it? This can make a difference - especially if it was very clear when bottled because the yeasties need to snap back into it in the bottle.

I have often had a drinkable carbonation level after a week from my "first bottle filled", that gets a big whack of sediment in it.

i left it mabey 24-36 hours before bottling, and stored bottles in cool downstairs garage away from windows(temp 18-20c).will it come good if i sit them in a warmer spot.

They should come good eventually.

I brewed an AG Best Bitter a few months ago, with WY1968. I only used the sugar measure, and it took all of two months minimum to carb up. It did get there in the end, although I had to re-suspend the yeast twice to get there. Just be patient.

You might gently roll your bottles to re-suspend the settled yeast into your brew, which might help. 18-20C is a good temperature, so that's fine.

sorry iam very new to this.....re-suspend the yeast??????...............wat does this mean, i apoligise again for my lack of knowledge

You can resuspend yeast by turning the bottle upside down and gently turning it. Basically it means to get the yeast off the bottom of the bottle

cheers for all your help :D i might try re suspending the yeast. thanks

cheers for all your help :D i might try re suspending the yeast. thanks

Had the same problem when I started out. Re suspending the yeast worked, though I did "blast" the room with some heat and raised the temp to the mid twenties for a day.
Since using caster sugar I have not had a problem at all, no matter what the ambient temp.

Cheers

Agitating the bottles every now and then is a great tip.

The sugar will probably settle into the bottom of your bottles as you leave them to sit and carb up. Agitating the bottles remixes that sugar with the yeast to get everything happening a little quicker. Be gentle, you're not shacking the heck out of them, just turn them upside down, back up the right way and you're good. I just give the carton the bottles are sitting in a good, careful tilt and that does the job.

Good luck

Kev

I wouldnt stress too much just yet, I've had batches that take a full two weeks to carb up, but they all got there eventually.

I think it is normal to wait for 2 weeks for something like this to carb up. I have only had 1 brew out of about the past 50 that has been ready in only 1 week (I normally open 1 bottle at 1 week just to have a sticky beak).
Re suspending the yeast is a good tip that is for sure.
I know the feeling of walking cirlces around your brew waiting for it to be ready lol.

Back