• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

60l Techni Ice Esky

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are a great esky. I use the 40lt model as my mash tun, and get about 0.5 degree heat loss over a 60 minute mash.

In hindsight, I wish I'd bought the 60lt model, as the 40lt is just a little bit too small to be used as an actual esky, champagne and wine bottles dont fit in it standing up. Coopers longnecks are fine, though.

The bung is about 1 inch in diameter, and with a bit of a search in your local hardware store, you can find the bits and pieces to mount a ball valve without needing to drill into the body of the esky itself. Here's one I prepared earlier.

No affiliation, yadda, yadda, just a very happy customer.

These are a great esky. I use the 40lt model as my mash tun, and get about 0.5 degree heat loss over a 60 minute mash.

any issues with heat and de-forming the esky you have Warmbeer?

any issues with heat and de-forming the esky you have Warmbeer?
I've done 12 batches in the last 12 months using it (yes, I need to start drinking more!) and have absolutely no issues with it so far.

I pre-heat my mash tun by pouring in a couple of litres of boiling water straight from the kitchen kettle, then closing the lid for 5 or 10 minutes. Even the application of c. 100 degree water hasn't warped the plastic at all. I think they're a pretty quality unit.

That would make a fantastic Jockey/Magic Box. Thanks for the info!! :super:

Gday All
Whilst trawling through deal of the day sites i came across this entry

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=250792048599

For 60L eskys

Could be good for mash tuns or heaven forbid as an actual keep things cool esky

Just thought i would share a heads up

(if this is not in the correct section i apologise and could mods please move as required)
Ive got the 60l Techni Ice as my mash tun got it delivered for $130,and as warmbeer said 0.5dg drop over 60min,i rate this for a mash tun!!!!! :icon_cheers:

Big W had some Techni-like eskys in their last brochure in S.A. i got a 67 ltr one for $98.

In hindsight, I wish I'd bought the 60lt model, as the 40lt is just a little bit too small to be used as an actual esky, champagne and wine bottles dont fit in it standing up. Coopers longnecks are fine, though.

Warmbeer... what era Coopers longy's have you got? my late model Coopers longnecks (ie the ones for sale now at the bottleshop) don't stand up in my 40L techni ice...

or maybe they've changed the height of the Techni ice 40L from mine... ? j

despite all this banter i have got some bottles that fit my esky... a mate works at a wine bottling plant where they bottle champagne.. apparently they ferment champagne in a brown glass bottle (very similar to a longy - but about 20mm shorter and a heap thicker glass) then transfer it to the fancy bottle SWMBO buys it in. So i've now got a heap of these bottles, and even though i keg now, i know these bottles are rated up to 60psi so if i want to do something i think might be a touch explody i use them.

Warmbeer... what era Coopers longy's have you got? my late model Coopers longnecks (ie the ones for sale now at the bottleshop) don't stand up in my 40L techni ice...

or maybe they've changed the height of the Techni ice 40L from mine... ? j
They're the current shape, and they only just fit, the cap pushes slightly against the top of the esky when it closes.

Possibly they've changed the inner dimensions of the esky slightly. Still wish I'd gone the 60lt, would be more useful for double brews. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back