60l Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngy

Reaction score
just after a normal round plastic fermenter to hold a double 23 litre batch.

Where can I get one?

I am in Adelaide.

Cheers.

just after a normal round plastic fermenter to hold a double 23 litre batch.

Where can I get one?

I am in Adelaide.

Cheers.

Youngy,

Can't specifically help you with an Adelaide location, but here's an idea that may be worth looking into. I was in a local camping/disposals store (Aussie Disposals ?) at the weekend & saw that they had 60L 'Canoe Drums' for $40. They looked exactly like a couple of 60L fermenters I have seen.

All you would to do is unscrew the bung & replace it with a standard plastic tap (Bunnings sell them if the camping place doesn't) + drill a hole in the lid for an airlock/grommet. Whack on a stick on thermometer & you are good to go.

David.

Just about every LHBS will have them although they want about $60-70.
I think Adelaide merchandising in the links/retailers/SA section may have them cheaper - let us know how you go...

after one of these too, the 23l fermenters seem to take forever and I've dranken all the beers before the next batch is finished fermenting.

If I use a 60l fermenter, do I just throw in two cans?

after one of these too, the 23l fermenters seem to take forever and I've dranken all the beers before the next batch is finished fermenting.

If I use a 60l fermenter, do I just throw in two cans?
Yeah, just double everything.

I am in WA and got my 60L fermenter from a fishing store, cost $35. They called them burly buckets (for mixing burly before chucking it in the water I guess?) As said before just drill a hole in the top for the air lock and add a tap to the bung and it is a 60L fermenter.

The only thing I don't like and the reason I now have 3x 30L fermenters is the tap is the same height in the 60L as the 30L and you end up with twice as much trub in the 60L. The tap ends up under the trub line. OK if you are secondary fermenting but not so good if you run them straight into kegs. The first keg ends up very cloudy and the second is nice and clear.

Drew

Back