45kg Gas Bottles Any Vics Using

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxd

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As I am looking/thinking at going for a gas fired kettle (try to lower the cost of a brew), I was wondering if any Vic boys use the 45 KG or bigger bottles and what price you pay ?

My plan would be to use it to fill the bottles I have and possibly the connection to the keggle or if need be just one of my 9's I have.

thanks

Matt

I rang BOC ages ago and priced it, the price they gave me was slighly higher than the equiv. of getting the 9kg bottles filled....you be paying more for less hassle, provided you can lug a 45kg around easily. Times may have changed, but thats my experience.

mxd to fill your own 9 kg cyls safely you need a 45 kg liquid supply cyl . But just using a 45 kg houshold cyl instead of a 9kg to run your keggle is a good saving . But a full 45 weighs about 80 kg so they are not easy to move, you might have a delivery fee and you will also have to pay rent. As 45 cyls are not customer owned. cheers vic

I made a similar enquiry (though I'm in NSW). They would only supply a 45Kg bottle if it was fixed. They would only supply a 45Kg bottle non-fixed in industrial areas =(

My gas re-filler told me also that filling 5 x 9kg bottles is cheap than filling a 45kg bottle...got me beat why, :unsure:

Hi Matt
If you are near noble park there is a 7/11 type of store that refill's 9kg gass bottles for $16.50. I think it's called lucky 7and it,s next door to the service station.
Cheers Mario

Sorry Matt I forgot to put where in noble park It' in Jacksons Rd next to the service station.Cheers Mario

Hi Matt
If you are near noble park there is a 7/11 type of store that refill's 9kg gass bottles for $16.50. I think it's called lucky 7and it,s next door to the service station.
Cheers Mario

That's crazy cheap! the best I can get locally is $28, at a used car lot.....

thanks Mario, only 10 mins down the road.

cheers
Matt
Sorry Matt I forgot to put where in noble park It' in Jacksons Rd next to the service station.Cheers Mario

I used to have a 45L liquid withdrawal bottle & filled my own 9kg bottles
It was left over from a family run business that was sold so just kept using it for convenience
Years ago it did work out a lot cheaper but they must have got onto that
Then the rent started increasing & each time I had it refilled or replaced the price had gone up
In the end it was costing more to fill the 45L than it was if I got 5 x 9L refills (at a reasonable price)
& that wasn't counting the rent
For some reason I rarely got 5 x 9kg refills out of the 45L as well
In the end the convenience was not worth the extra $$ so I surrendered the 45L & got 5 x 9kg bottles of my own & keep them full so I have a back up supply anyway............. cheaper

A lot of plumbers and site boilermakers use 15kg aluminium LPG bottles. not much more than a 9kg, weighs about the same too. only catch is rental and where to get it filled.

Back