• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

40a Plasma Cutter, Today Only.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrak

The Dutch Knight Brewery
Reaction score
This is not my sale, and I have no affiliation with the company, but it sounds like something AHBers would be interested in!
(Mods, feel free to move to retail forum if you feel it more appropriate there)

http://www.crazysales.com.au/index.php?productID=899

40 AMP High Frequency Inverter Air Plasma Cutter
"Crazy Price" $415.95

899_6742_F.jpg

Specs:
Power voltage(v) Single phase 220V +/- 10%
Rate input power(KVA) 4.8
No-load voltage(V) 230
Rate output current(A) 10-40
Rate output voltage(v) 96
Duty cycle 60%
Efficiency 85%
Pilot arc model HF
Burner inter Diameter(mm) 1
Air Pressure 4MPa
Cutting thickness(mm) 1-8
Weight(kg) 9
Dimensions(mm) 390x155x250

I have one of these, I bought it from the states some years ago( for a much higher price) and that's a brilliant price that they are offering it at. One thing to check out though would be supply of the electrodes, they are a consumable and I have had to get them direct from the states as I have not found a supplier for the right one here in aus. All the other electrodes seem to be slightly different and don't work. Very good for cutting work, rust removal in cars in particular. You also have to make sure that your compressor is up to the job - not enough airflow and you'll mow through the plasma consumables and probably kill the compressor as it will have to run non stop to keep up.
Wish I'd got mine for this price...... <_< oh well.

I got a similar unit but a 3 in 1 unit (tig/arc/plasma), only used it once for cutting and it was fantastic. I should probably sell it as its been boxed up since we moved around a year ago

I have one of these, I bought it from the states some years ago( for a much higher price) and that's a brilliant price that they are offering it at. One thing to check out though would be supply of the electrodes, they are a consumable and I have had to get them direct from the states as I have not found a supplier for the right one here in aus. All the other electrodes seem to be slightly different and don't work. Very good for cutting work, rust removal in cars in particular. You also have to make sure that your compressor is up to the job - not enough airflow and you'll mow through the plasma consumables and probably kill the compressor as it will have to run non stop to keep up.
Wish I'd got mine for this price...... <_< oh well.

Don't beat yourself up D check out the duty cycle not the same mate. It's been cheapened up!

Cheers
Chappo

Duty cycle of 60% at 85% power isnt too bad for something for home. Thats still 25-30mins continuous cutting of 8mm plate.
Cant see anyone at home EVER doing that.
Still shame its only 8mm thickness though

Tom

I got a similar unit but a 3 in 1 unit (tig/arc/plasma), only used it once for cutting and it was fantastic. I should probably sell it as its been boxed up since we moved around a year ago

What brand/model is that Andy? Sounds like just the sort of thing I'm after :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back