• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

400lt hot/mash/boil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vittorio

Reaction score
Selling these beauty pm me
for price

Screenshot_2016-11-12-13-30-53.png

Screenshot_2016-11-12-13-30-21.png

Excellent, another Vittorio sale, I hope this is as entertaining as the previous installments.

Good luck Vittorio and be careful, remember the Kegerator.

yob- only fire damage is the burner stains underneath easy clean with some elbow grease :p
imccrone- that was 3 years ago, i bring entertainment everywhere i go, im never a dull moment!

got a contract with a bigger brewery so dont need 2 break my back with lifting grains myself and stiring the mash.... ball breaker bro. so selling my equ i got no use for.

p.s- i havnt been on this site for ages... yob did u change ur profile pic from a few years back ?????

Just out of interest, for commercial purposes is it a requirement for the mash vessels to be volume certified? Or is that only a requirement for the fermenters/bright tanks?

Are these volume certified or not necessary?

good4whatAlesU said:
Just out of interest, for commercial purposes is it a requirement for the mash vessels to be volume certified? Or is that only a requirement for the fermenters/bright tanks?

Are these volume certified or not necessary?
Not a requirement on either. Being able to show reliable records / measurement of volume produced for sale is though.

it might be an "it depends" answer as a new brewery down my way had to have their bright tank and a fermenter measured - they call it getting commissioned and the brewery had to pay for it too

Yep, you need a commissioned tank by which the volume you pay excise on is determined. Commissioned means precisely measured and certified to a particular volume. It's usually the bright tank. I hadn't known that included fermenters too.

I believe it includes fermenters if you bottle / keg from fermenter. Since a lot of small breweries don't run filters, they don't need bright beer tanks.

I priced getting a SS tank certified for volume once (a while back) and it was around
$1500. It makes sense that only the tanks holding alcohol prior to packaging really need to be certified. Although I think all ingredients need to be accounted for.

Mardoo said:
Yep, you need a commissioned tank by which the volume you pay excise on is determined. Commissioned means precisely measured and certified to a particular volume. It's usually the bright tank. I hadn't known that included fermenters too.
That is interesting. Had thought it was all about the approved container sizes of final products (eg. kegs, bottles, cans) which is governed by the weights and measures dept.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Excise-and-excise-equivalent-goods/In-detail/Alcohol/Record-keeping-for-breweries/?anchor=H14#H14

A bit OT, but the ATO decides whether you require calibrated tanks on a case by case basis - it's not a standard requirement. Mainly depends on the size of your business, the size of the vessels, your expected yearly production and whether your fudge up in your applications and don't explain adequately how you will be testing your product.

BTW he's after $7000 for these items if anyone was interested

Latest posts

Back