300 Litres Of Apa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yh same as mine, I actually use it for wine but it's unused for 10 months of the year so thought I'd gave some beer a shot. Do you find it difficult getting the malt extract in? I was thinking just pour it in and add some boiling water to dissolve.
Also do you leave it in there to clear then keg? filter to keg? or keg it cloudy?

Can I ask where you got your fermenter from as I want to replace the seal tube on mine in the near future.

Impressive volume fella.

When you mention the 5 working kegs are they 19L cornies? Cos thats only about 100L of the 300L brew, which leaves 200L for bottling :eek: That is some serious bottling action.

Do you go with PET, or have you amassed a collection of stubbies and tallies to rival a bottlo?
And if you use different bottles, and don't prime how is the conisistency?

The idea has crossed my mind of ugrading the a 120L fermenter from time to time for big events, but the logistics always drag my dreaming back a little :(

Awesome. I could mash 80L or so as well and do a mini-mash just for poo's and squeals.

so basically your doing a 300L extract brew....not boiling the extract, just mixing with hot water and just making a hop tea and then mixing the whole lot with a big plank of dressed pine? :blink:

this site never ceases to amaze.

Can I ask where you got your fermenter from as I want to replace the seal tube on mine in the near future.

Got it from Winequip up in reservoir, they have a heap of cool stuff up there.

so basically your doing a 300L extract brew....not boiling the extract, just mixing with hot water and just making a hop tea and then mixing the whole lot with a big plank of dressed pine? :blink:

Forgot the gravel/sand/food processor/airlock/kitten.... :p

I almost want a jumbo fermenter, it would give me a reason to buy a jumbo boiler, which would require a jumbo mashtun, by the way darling, I'll need a big HLT for that......Yeah I can see this conversation ending well.

Thta's amasing!

do you have a URL for the Liquid Malt Supplier ? could do with 20 kg of malt

BOG

BOG they are not a site sponsor, or any affiliation to myself, but iBrew on the gold coast does sell 28kg liquid extract pails.
Look them up on google.

It may be that some of the sponsors do also, but I haven't checked.

good luck

Impressive volume fella.

When you mention the 5 working kegs are they 19L cornies? Cos thats only about 100L of the 300L brew, which leaves 200L for bottling :eek: That is some serious bottling action.

Do you go with PET, or have you amassed a collection of stubbies and tallies to rival a bottlo?
And if you use different bottles, and don't prime how is the conisistency?

The idea has crossed my mind of ugrading the a 120L fermenter from time to time for big events, but the logistics always drag my dreaming back a little :(

I have a lot of 500 ml german glass bottles, they work real well. I wash and sterilise them in the bath tub...lol

BOG they are not a site sponsor, or any affiliation to myself, but iBrew on the gold coast does sell 28kg liquid extract pails.
Look them up on google.

It may be that some of the sponsors do also, but I haven't checked.

good luck

Grain and grape stock the black fern in 28kg pails and so do brewcraft but there prices are absolutely ridiculous.

When you make a kit beer do you boil it before you make it? no-one I know of ever has. you would only boil the extract if you want to darken it. As for the big plank of dressed pine it is thoroughly sterilised before use and also timber has its own antibacterial properties (saw them testing it on beyond 2000 years ago and read all about it.)

Forgot the gravel/sand/food processor/airlock/kitten.... :p

I almost want a jumbo fermenter, it would give me a reason to buy a jumbo boiler, which would require a jumbo mashtun, by the way darling, I'll need a big HLT for that......Yeah I can see this conversation ending well.

don't know about the gravel, and kitten etc. but the the all grain setup would be nice.....lol

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but WOW. This has inspired me to work towards doing big batches. I'd like to do AG big batches, though.

I don't think you will have much luck boiling 150L on a BBQ!

I don't think you will have much luck boiling 150L on a BBQ!

You're probably right, but by trying, I could justify getting a proper burner.

Truth be known, it was probably a tongue in cheek comment. I'd be happy with a double batch - I reckon I'd get bored with 150L of the same beer, however much I liked it. And a double batch is still doable on the stove (just).

Unless I was brewing it for a pub.....mmmmm......

Goomba

My brother lives in Warragul. He was just thinking about getting into brewing again. Where'd you get your extract? Through somewhere local?

I want to get, at least at 150L massive pot, and then stick it on the BBQ. More power!!!! Biggest BIAB in history!

Goomba

I'm using a 140L pot for BIAB, 100L of beer per batch. Thanks to no-chill I can keep 3 or 4 different beers on tap.

QldKev

Back