2l Altenmunster Swingtop 'growlers' @ 1st Choice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the beer that comes in it like?

It's a standard German Pils, from memory it's not as bitter as Bitburger but has a nice noble hop aroma, smells Hallertauish.

Get a fresh one and it's all good.

I thought the beer was acceptable, sweet-malty more than hoppy, some balanced light aromatic hops (aftertaste), clean, drinkable and acceptable (but unremarkable) especially given the main reason I brought it was for the bottle. ;)

Scored a couple of these in Brissy today. :beerbang:

Me too.

Drank one of them the other night, have to say it wasn't as nice as I remembered them.

Me too.

Drank one of them the other night, have to say it wasn't as nice as I remembered them.

Doh!

I only bought them on your recommendation. :lol:

Well, maybe I had a bad night or something, or maybe a bad bottle.

I really used to like them, and I don't think my taste has changed that much since, so it must've been a bad bottle then.

Brisbane German Club (situated across from the gabba on Vulture st) are currently selling these as takeaway (to members) for $20. And when emptied and brought back in, are refillable with any beer available on tap for $20..
Membership is $5. ;)

I bought one for Xmas day very disapointed might just as well been a glass of XXXX Yuck.
Altstart

Back on sale at 1st Choice for $18:00. Just happened to speak to the manager and he said they are getting these in fairly regularly but he is never sure on how many he will get per shipment.

Not too fussed about the beer inside but figured its a good price for the Bottle. :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Dars183 said:
Back on sale at 1st Choice for $18:00. Just happened to speak to the manager and he said they are getting these in fairly regularly but he is never sure on how many he will get per shipment.

Not too fussed about the beer inside but figured its a good price for the Bottle. :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Beer is a lovely malty sweet beer last time I tried.

Takes little effort to down a lot of it, even warm...

I love good german helles (and like), sweet nectar.

There are 8 more of these at the Perth store if anyone wanted to know. Turns out I know a manager there lol

Thought I'd get some 2 litre bottles for carting around my homebrew.

Got one of these - also $18 at 1st choice Belconnen :) Geez it LOOKS big too.

Also got a $10 Growler at Plonk in fyshwick.

Latest posts

Back