2018 WASABC'S (WA Comp)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvs-brews

Reaction score
Well the time is on us.
Judging starts tonight.

Massive thanks to Carlin/Dave & Tim.

Who managed to get some things in?

Managed to get 11 entries, even though some beer i entered into 2 styles/cat.

3 ciders
3 sours
2 experimental
2 fruit
and a couple of other things

This is my first comp, got 5 in.

Kolsch
Berliner Weisse
Fruit Beer
RIS
Black IPA

Nice work.

Sounds like you have a nice mixed bag there.
It's a great comp to be in with amazing feedback.

At the least you will get that, hopefully more.
Sucks, i am judge down the road from the judging.. I would go steward, but that would mean I would have to drink and then I would be stuck hahaha

Cheers mate. Only been doing AG since March, the RIS was extract from last year. I am just happy for the feedback and hoping (like every one else) that I may get lucky and pick up some of the scraps left over by Ben.

What does the stewarding involve? I may see if I can take a few days off and volunteer next year.

I am SOR so Uber wouldn't be that much to my place meaining drinking wouldn't be a problem.

Stewarding is great fun. It involves pretty much being the judges slave for the day hahaha

You make sure the table is ready with pens/score sheets/glasses etc
You generally get given an esky or something with the beers for the judges in it, that will have a number that coincides with a list you have. So you may get Cat 3 Amber and dark lager.

You will need to tell the judge what sub category its been entered under 3.8 California common for example and if it has any brewer comments.

You get to listen to the judges opinions and sometimes input your own.

You give the judges some and most likely there is some for you to try.

If your keen hit up WASABC next year.. This years it's only at cockburn ice arena

Cheers will see how things play out next year. The slave and listening to opinions part sounds like a better version of being at home;)

I am just happy for the feedback and hoping (like every one else) that I may get lucky and pick up some of the scraps left over by Ben.

We only crossover on one or two categories, I won't be standing in your way.

We only crossover on one or two categories, I won't be standing in your way.

350.png

Just saw on the WASABC FB page that anyone who placed should get an email this week with feedback sheets available the day after the awards night.

Seems like it was a pretty good standard with 17 beers scoring 40+ and 55 beers scoring 35-39.

Unfortunately I can't make the awards night but with those sort of scores I don't think I will be troubling the medal winners this year.

Hahaha we are in big chats about that now.

I got the email as well!

Looks like i will be seeing you there ;)

Hahaha yes there will be that for sure.

Come say hello, You'll find me.

I am taking it easy as last year I had to go to hospital after the WASABC's... An altercation between my head and the pavement :thumbsdown:

Unfortunately I won't be at the awards (or fortunately as head meeting pavement would be a possibility).

Pity really as I am sure everyone wants to hear me dribble on in my victory speech.

hahahahaha yeah most people just walk on and off... I feel sometimes i have to say a few words ;)
I might need to show the people my new tattoo hahahaha

If it is the one I am thinking of surely everyone has seen it on PHBS but better whip it out on stage just in case, you don't want anyone missing out.

Hahahaha
Well sometimes you have to show the beauty of the hop swan!

And you answered my question, you are on PHBS ;)

Gotta get those brand impressions wherever you can.

Yeah PHBS has got to be one of the best FB groups out there between there and *** is where I have learned my craft over the last few months, need another glass/merch bulk buy though.

The man with the swan tattoo beat me to it, but yeah much better than expected picked up a medal for my Black IPA :drinkingbeer:

Looking forward to the feedback.

Latest posts

Back