2010 Wa State Amateur Brewers Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awards night is this Thursday, Mike. Should be a good night.
Cheers, John.

Of course!!!!! Looked at the site and for a moment thought it was last weekend.

wacomp.JPG

Hey gryphon, what was the big thing you were going to annonce a few weeks ago, I missed it?

well done asher best all grain , best brewer 6 + medals lost count after a while .
also james from brewz2u 6 medals for kit beers great effort guys

cheers

So will Ashers IPA be brewed at some micro this year, or what?

Yep

ECU Degrees Brewery will be brewing the beer and it will be on tap at Clancy's Freo. Hopefully before Christmas.

I think their brewery is about 5HL's so scaling up..... That's 4.2kg of US hops :)

great, look forward to a evaluation session

Well done to all those that had a win or a place.

Just wondering when do we get our Judging Sheets?

Cheers and Beers HK

Yep

ECU Degrees Brewery will be brewing the beer and it will be on tap at Clancy's Freo. Hopefully before Christmas.

I think their brewery is about 5HL's so scaling up..... That's 4.2kg of US hops :)

Well done mate, that's a pretty cool prize. I'll have to get down there and try it to see what the benchmark is!

@ homekegger 1

I got an email saying that the feedback should be in your email inbox before 8th of October.

Haha. I can't wait for the judging sheets. Seems I fail at brewing to style :p Dead last with 3 out of my 4 entries!

Well done to all the comp guys. I tasted some of the beers pre comp and they were great !
Soon I will be holding how to "brew styles" brew days in the near future. All grain but we could arrange partial and extract brews. I have some expert home brewers that will be here on the day.We will cover pH , mash temps and water profiles and their affect on the brewing process. There will be a cost involved but only to cover costs. Come along and see how its done. PM me if you interested.
GB

Congrats to the winners. Awesome prize of beer mass brewed on tap. Someone will have to post up when its all done so we can have a taste.

Hi All,

Well. The final squadron of beers is bottled and about to be farewelled from home base on the ultimate bombing raid. The AABC.
It's time to relax and bang out a crisp, dry, rice lager stlye lawnmower to greet the festive season.

So it's Brewday time at the Junctyard. Next Saturday the 16th of October.

In celebration of a great campaign by all I'd like to invite the AHB's that entered or were involved in the WASABC to drop in on this brewday.
All my entry's are out of the 'don't touch' fridge and drinking well - Bring some of your beer to drink as well.
I'll be flicking the switch on the brewery and doughing in at 11am. Chilling to fermenter round 3ish so you are welcome from 10:30 onwards or time your visit for the bits of the brewday you want to see. You're welcome to hang round afterwards but I'll have to shut up shop around sunset due to young family.

Will be throwing a few snaggers on the barby for lunch.

Bring your favourite beer snack.

I'm in Victoria Park BTW

Please PM me to let me know if you'd like to drop by and whether you'll be around for lunch so I can sausage up.

Beers

Asher

Congrats everyone. Not surprising that James got quite a few medals, the brews I tasted were top notch.

Just a quick one to say thanks to the organisers and the judges.

Got some useful feedback, which is much appreciated and should help a lot.

Cheers
:icon_chickcheers:

Back