2010 Wa State Amateur Brewers Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are home brewers so obsessed with APAs???!!!
Why ? Because you can hide a lot of stuff ups behind a S load of hops. Experienced brewers that brew lagers and Plis and delicate Ales are putting their brewing skills balls on the bench.Real men.
Dont be a Girlie boy's and brew APA's for comp's, then you are only as good as your hops. :lol:
"I'll be back" with real beers next year !

Arnie GB

Why ? Because you can hide a lot of stuff ups behind a S load of hops. Experienced brewers that brew lagers and Plis and delicate Ales are putting their brewing skills balls on the bench.Real men.
Dont be a Girlie boy's and brew APA's for comp's, then you are only as good as your hops. :lol:
"I'll be back" with real beers next year !

Arnie GB

Didn't you enter a US Brown at PRBS this year? So what were you hiding? (Runs away)

Thats what I did an ABrown trying to hide a multitude of sins so I confess I'm a mug brewer

Still its a good feeling to be in it till the judge has a sip jeez it attenuated & ended up dry as a bone with 1272 comming through with its tartness personified

How the hell do the judges go after tasting my AB everything will taste the same sorry for the crew behind my beer

Oh well give a mug a chance bit like the Dockers you little rippers probably not a chance in hell

Its a bit like waiting for youre first sip to see how youre batch went

cheers all

The Brown you mention did pull up a Silver in the 2010 PRBS.

Give credit where credit is due. When preparing for the comp I spat in the brown straight after sculling my Munich Helles. Putting the cap on straight after my spit shouldn't give you the right to claim Silver :angry:.

not brendan o'sullivan?

I had planned to instigate operation: carpet bomb - but only got 2 brews into my schedule before life got in the way and I have hardly brewed since! Just ended up entering whatever I had on hand. At least finding categories to judge won't be as hard as it could have been had I entered more!

this is my first time entering guys. I'm not gonna be there, how will the results for my beer get to me?

haha, now that's optimistic GB.

I heard that these competitions are great for feedback on your brews so I entered a weiss that I thought was pretty good. Only I won't be there to be dressed down (metaphorically) for it. Was wanting some credible feedback on it.

haha, now that's optimistic GB.

I heard that these competitions are great for feedback on your brews so I entered a weiss that I thought was pretty good. Only I won't be there to be dressed down (metaphorically) for it. Was wanting some credible feedback on it.
Optimistic is the only way you can enter these comp's . You will get really good feedback from this one.
GB

Results will be unveiled at the Awards Presentation to be held at Clancy's Fish Pub Fremantle, 30th September 7:30pm kickoff. They will subsequently be published online and feedback scanned and emailed to exhibitors. Full details of the awards night will follow shortly...

Latest posts

Back