2 1/2 Years Away

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arsenewenger

Reaction score
Howdy Everyone new and old

It has been 2 1/2 years since the birth of My beautiful daughter which means it has been the same time since I have made a beer. I have nearly come close to selling everything thinking I wouls never be back in the game , but the time has come to get back into it . I have been out in the shed clening all the gear and making sure everything still works and going over all my old notes to remind me how to do it all .

Once the grains arrive from Ross it is game on and I must say I am very very excited to be brewing again I am really looking forward to it.

First up will be a Scottish 80 which is one I have had succes with in the past. then its a matter of checking out all the hops I found in the freezer and seeing what they are suited for

Cheers
AW :icon_chickcheers:

My goodness! We haven't seen you for ages. Welcome back mate :icon_cheers:

Good luck with your Wee Heavy. I've had some hops in the freezer for 3 years and they are all fine (pellets though.)

All the best.
Pat

Welcome back.
2 1/2 year old hops. Mmmmmm. At only $10 for 100gms, why would you risk making a dodgy beer becuase of stale hops?

Onya AW - welcome back. See your teams still having a drought as usual :icon_chickcheers:
Cheers!
Steve

Welcome back Mate and happy brewing. Use the ageing tool in Beersmith for your hops, I find that if they have been well kept in the freezer you can cut the ageing time in half.

Cheers,

Screwy

If it was 2 Years and 4 months you could've made the SA Case Swap a few weeks ago!

Welcome back, check out Adelaide Mash Brewers site too if you get a chance.

Link in my signature.

Cheers! (and welcome back!)

Welcome back.
2 1/2 year old hops. Mmmmmm. At only $10 for 100gms, why would you risk making a dodgy beer becuase of stale hops?
Scottish ales are not a hop accented style, and therefore should be OK unless the hops are fully stale or cheesy.

Thanks Guys

Pistol I have read Your batch sparging note over and over so I am on track.

I did buy some new hops for this brew so that should be ok, they are all pellets that have been in the freezer the whole time so hopefullly they have survived.
Did not know about the hops ageing toll in beersmith I will check it out and I will alos report on how it went once things are done

just mad the starter and man that sweet sweet DME smell OH YEAH

Back