• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

19l Stovetop Pot $11.98

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big W at Golden Grove SA has these still at $11.98 after all this time! Missed this thread otherwise would've bought earlier, but was able to get a couple today! :super:

Next stop: Aldi coffee grinder!

Got a grinder yesterday and for $20 it's hard to complain... it's hard to clean out well though, the better ones come with a nice brush.

Got the 1kg beans too from Aldi (Dark Roast), not bad perhaps a little too mild for my espresso needs!

Went to Big W at Macquarie Centre yesterday, all sold out. I guess the Uni students have been clearing them out for brewing. Apparently getting more stock next week, we'll see if the sale is still on.

Cheers

Clint

Mate I don't know why they told you they were getting more in, as far as I know they don't stock them. Although I may be mistaken as I don't actually work there. I do live five minutes away though and have been in there countless times looking for one to no avail.

Went to Top Ryde last weekend though and they had at least 15 to 20 on the shelf. Not sure if that is too far from your place though.
Cheers
Jason

I bought one of these about 6 months ago initially for biab minimash's, its an awesome little stainless steel pot
Surely at $11.98 it can't be stainless steel?

Someone tell me otherwise and I'm off to BigW.

One would think right!?

My 8l version has been used stacks when I was doing k and k predominantly, no rust!

Woohoo

i have got a 19 litre pot from big W and it is stainless but i paid full whack for mine, it has done heaps of extract brews before i went a/g and it still gets used for mash out water and gelatinising rice and it is golng strong.

Well syd_03 if that's the case I'll pop in to top Ryder today. Thanks for the heads up! Taking swmbo to supernova so it's on the way :)

Surely at $11.98 it can't be stainless steel?
Someone tell me otherwise and I'm off to BigW.

What "grade" of stainless, I'm not sure. I did get some small rare earth magnets to stick to mine - I was under the impression magnets wouldn't stick to stainless steel? I remember when stainless fridges were the rage and everyone had to stick their magnets on the side because they wouldn't go on the stainless front.

I thought Stainless steel fridges weren't actually stainless steel but aluminium/coloured plastic cover?

Stainless steel can alter in its alloy compound so it can either be magnetic or non-magnetic.

As the OP - I can say that these pots are fantastic for AG BIAB

You don't actually see many true stainless fridges now, they are all "stainless look" because of the magnet thing and because they only look good if you clean the finger prints off every 5min.

That makes sense about the alloy composition. There are so many different grades it wouldn't be hard to mix up something that was attracted to magnets.

EDIT: Agree, great pots. I made my first BIAB on sunday and its bubbling away nicely now.

Just chcked my Local Big W and no big 19L Pots at all.
The closest was a 16L for 50$!!
Do they still sell these? Im in melbourne.

Just chcked my Local Big W and no big 19L Pots at all.
The closest was a 16L for 50$!!
Do they still sell these? Im in melbourne.

Try another big W. It won't be $11.98, but should be $19.98, which is still a great price.

If you are going $50, then maybe your LHBS. If you are doing a full sized brew straight up (ie. a 20-odd Litre batch, not 9L per Nick_JD's guide), you might be better off shelling out the extra bucks and getting a 40 or 50L pot.

My local Big-W had them on the weekend. They also had the more expencive ones you talk of also. This was at Karingal Vic.

i managed to find one in EastLand. Crysis averted! Let the BIAB commence!

Back