• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

19l Stovetop Pot $11.98

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
Hi awl,

My brother (who has, after watching me brew sporadically for 10 years, decided to join the brewing fraternity) noticed a 19L stovetop pot with lid for $11.98 at the two large female sheep shop (Big W - bad joke) last night and proceeded to purchase one.

Our local Big W is Chermside, on the northside of Brisbane, but assuming that if it is on special there, it should be at least in the rest of Qld and probably most metro areas in Oz.

They are normally $19.98 - I should know, I just replaced one 3 weeks ago, and moths fly out of his wallet, the rare times it is opened, so it must be worth the money.

So for all you BIAB and partial extract brewers (of which I've migrated from the latter to the former), it is even cheaper to equip this week. :super:

Hi awl,

My brother (who has, after watching me brew sporadically for 10 years, decided to join the brewing fraternity) noticed a 19L stovetop pot with lid for $11.98 at the two large female sheep shop (Big W - bad joke) last night and proceeded to purchase one.

Our local Big W is Chermside, on the northside of Brisbane, but assuming that if it is on special there, it should be at least in the rest of Qld and probably most metro areas in Oz.

They are normally $19.98 - I should know, I just replaced one 3 weeks ago, and moths fly out of his wallet, the rare times it is opened, so it must be worth the money.

So for all you BIAB and partial extract brewers (of which I've migrated from the latter to the former), it is even cheaper to equip this week. :super:

Thanks for the heads up. First a coffee grinder and now a stock pot!

What kind of base does it have on it? If its too thin it may burn easily.

It doesn't burn easily - I've used one two weeks ago (80 minute boil on electric stove, no issues) and these2 will be used this weekend for concurrent brews. This is the same variety that Nick_JD recommends in his AG BIAB for less than $30 post.

I'm not saying it's the high quality MLT that some members have constructed, but at the same time, it is cheap and does the trick.

As always, caveat emptor, I'm just trying to do a service to the forum by alerting all to this. <_<

Sounds good, I will have a look

Cheers

These pots have a long history on AHB and come recommended. Plenty of people have cut their teeth on them, including myself, and they come in very handy even once you move to AG as a general brew day bucket etc.

These pots have a long history on AHB and come recommended. Plenty of people have cut their teeth on them, including myself, and they come in very handy even once you move to AG as a general brew day bucket etc.

I'm a recent convert - 10 years of extract plus grain and producing some sound enough beers, but not having the guts to do AG - both from a "too much info" point of view, plus the jargon started to lose me.

Found Nick JD's AG BIAB guide and have started it - it is jargon free and I'm now able to pick up the jargon, because "learn by doing" has given me the practical knowledge to correlate concepts and jargon with practice.

And they are good pots - this week only, covert to BIAB for less than $20. :beerbang:

You should also pick up the 7.6L pot they have for about $8 for when you upgrade to a HERMS rig ;)

The 19L pots are good.

anyone seen these in NSW (SYD) @ $12?

don't know if i could be arsed fighting sat crowds...... but if i go past...

And to throw a spanner in the works, CostCo Melb. has 9L 18/10 SS good quality Brazilian made Tramontina stockpots with thick aluminum diffuser base $59.

Robinox 12L SS allquip $89.
allquip does not go below 40L in aluminum.

A diffuser base is highly recommended if you plan to step mash on direct heat (or mash out, etc.)

reVox

FYI

the stock pots @ Bid W are $12 in Sydney (well manly / waringa )

i got my voile as well

BIAB here i come :)

How many litres? My 11.5 extract pot was $15...
Edit: From Big W
FYI

the stock pots @ Bid W are $12 in Sydney (well manly / waringa )

i got my voile as well

BIAB here i come :)

How many litres? My 11.5 extract pot was $15...
Edit: From Big W

sorry, the 19L for $11.98 smaller ones where also marked down about 40% (and better brand as well but no other brand goes +19l in bigw)

they are fairly thin, and i dont know if i would trust the spot welds on the handle with 19L of boiling water to much

but they are only $12 + Voile +-$5 = cheap entry for me....

now to get some stuff to cook in it :)

allquip does not go below 40L in aluminum.

Their website certainly suggests they do

http://www.allquip.com.au/home/index.cfm?f...;category_id=69

20L Robinox for $57 and 32L Trenton for $70

I have a 60L robinox from them and its a great quality unit and a bargain at just over $100 and during a free delivery special.

Still - you can barley go wrong with 12 bucks for a 19L pot - no matter what the quality its bound to be useful for something.

Just grabbed the 19L for $11.98 at Miranda. There was no signage showing the markdown/special but it scanned at 11.98.
Two more left (on the shelf) as of lunch time today. As others have said its pretty thin all over but great for the price.
Next stop: Aldi coffee grinder!

I bought one of these about 6 months ago initially for biab minimash's, its an awesome little stainless steel pot, I use it all the time to heat the mash water, and the quality's pretty good. I'd recommend it to anyone, plus, its cheap as chips....
Just my 2c worth....
Stevo

Ran 2 batches through the two 19L big W pots on the weekend. Not a problem. One of those has done 2 batches now and I see no issues with the pot or anything that indicates that it will melt, break or develop a quality based issue. They boil well on an electric stove top too.

Their website certainly suggests they do

http://www.allquip.com.au/home/index.cfm?f...;category_id=69

20L Robinox for $57 and 32L Trenton for $70

I have a 60L robinox from them and its a great quality unit and a bargain at just over $100 and during a free delivery special.

Still - you can barley go wrong with 12 bucks for a 19L pot - no matter what the quality its bound to be useful for something.

doh! missed that. even checked their site before I posted <_< cheers thirsty.

i have a 100L robinox. agreed, great quality. no complaints.

Went to Big W at Macquarie Centre yesterday, all sold out. I guess the Uni students have been clearing them out for brewing. Apparently getting more stock next week, we'll see if the sale is still on.

Cheers

Clint

Back