• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

19 L Pinlock Corny Keg For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilArge

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 19 litre pinlock corny keg for sale - $50. The lid doesn't have a pressure release valve but is otherwise fine. Holds pressure. Unfortunately, this will have to be pick up only unless we can come to some arrangement over freight.

Cheers

ToG

Hey all,

I have a 19 litre pinlock corny keg for sale - $50. The lid doesn't have a pressure release valve but is otherwise fine. Holds pressure. Unfortunately, this will have to be pick up only unless we can come to some arrangement over freight.

Cheers

ToG

Price is negotiable....

You should be able to post via auspost I think for one keg...

Yep you will be able to post. Just take the lid off and tape it to the side to prove to the people at the post shop that its not holding pressure. Wrap in paper and write a name on the side. Easy.

Yep you will be able to post. Just take the lid off and tape it to the side to prove to the people at the post shop that its not holding pressure. Wrap in paper and write a name on the side. Easy.

Thanks for the excellent advice, pokolbinguy. I wouldn't have thought that possible. So, are you interested?? Or anyone else?

Cheers

ToG (Neil)

Thanks for the excellent advice, pokolbinguy. I wouldn't have thought that possible. So, are you interested?? Or anyone else?
Cheers
ToG (Neil)

I'm not but for $50 and willing to post I am sure there will be somebody that will snap it up.

Pok

Aaah. Methinks it sounds too cheap. Damn! Oh well. Someone else's potential gain... :rolleyes:

Depends on the condition of the keg and seals. Considering it doesn't have a pressure relief valve brings the price down (but you can get a lid with valve in it second hand for a decent price I would think). $50 sounds fair to me if its in good condition.

Post a pic...if its the right price someone on here will buy it without a doubt. Kegs are hot stuff.

Pok

EDIT: ohh and its pinlock...some people don't like this so could make it harder to sell. Why are you selling it? Might be worth keeping it for yourself?

Depends on the condition of the keg and seals. Considering it doesn't have a pressure relief valve brings the price down (but you can get a lid with valve in it second hand for a decent price I would think). $50 sounds fair to me if its in good condition.

Post a pic...if its the right price someone on here will buy it without a doubt. Kegs are hot stuff.

Pok

EDIT: ohh and its pinlock...some people don't like this so could make it harder to sell. Why are you selling it? Might be worth keeping it for yourself?

Good advice again, pok. I'll pop a photo up tomorrow. It's a long story about why I want to sell it. It's actually a mate's whose old man gave it to him, but he never wanted it but gave it to me to use as I was thinking of getting a keg or two. I bought a whole lot of kegging gear from Ross but that was all balllock gear (yes, I know I'm an eegit! :unsure: ). I've since got a couple of 'new' ball lock kegs from Ross so pinlock kegs are no good to me.

I dare say that it would be good practice to get a set of new rings and seals for the keg if someone wanted it. I stored a Dr Smurto's JSGA in it for quite a few months and was about to start consuming it. I was having trouble carbing the keg up when I finally realised that I had the non-return valve below the regulator in the wrong effen way. Fixed that, but then blew the beer line off of the dodgy old barbed fittings my mate had on the quick disconnect and beer tap. Lost the jolly lot (not what I said at the time). Everytime I walked into the shed, only to be hit by fragrant aromas of that wonderful sweetness and fruitiness I felt like opening a vein up.... But apart from that, it's been a great keg. Not jinxed at all! Did I say that I know that I'm an eegit? Couldn't remember....

ToG

I remember receiving kegs posted to me with the address written STRAIGHT ON THE KEG! No wrapping or anything! LOL
I'm pretty sure you can switch it to ball lock as well if anyone is keen.

I'm pretty sure you can switch it to ball lock as well if anyone is keen.

Yep easy enough if you can get the parts for the right price. Can be pricey unfortunately. Just unscrew the pin lock posts and screw anthem ball lock posts

Yep easy enough if you can get the parts for the right price. Can be pricey unfortunately. Just unscrew the pin lock posts and screw anthem ball lock posts
KGB and pok

I did look at converting the keg to ball lock but with the cost of parts (straight from the store admittedly) you might as well buy a new keg! And there's no-one around here to scab parts off.

Cheers

KGB and pok

I did look at converting the keg to ball lock but with the cost of parts (straight from the store admittedly) you might as well buy a new keg! And there's no-one around here to scab parts off.

Cheers

They are available from Kegsonline for $26.50 each (so $53 for both posts)...this is ALOT cheaper (read nearly half) than I have paid for them in the past unfortunatley....but your right you can nearly get a whole keg for that. I guess you should just wait and see in one of the pinlock crew wants it 1st.

Pok

EDIT: I assume they are the aussie built mytonn rodd kegs and take a male threaded fitting (the female thread is on the keg)

post.jpg

Anyway hopefully someone will take you up on the offer for $50. Best to see a keg got to good use!!!

I guess you should just wait and see in one of the pinlock crew wants it 1st.

Pok

EDIT: I assume they are the aussie built mytonn rodd kegs and take a male threaded fitting (the female thread is on the keg)

Anyway hopefully someone will take you up on the offer for $50. Best to see a keg got to good use!!!

Hi Pok and any interested others,

2 photos of the keg below. The posts on the keg are male thread (i.e. need a female thread fitting).

Cheers

ToG

pinlock1a.JPG

pinlock_top.JPG

If the keg takes female fitings they are cheaper...Could turn that puppy into a ball lock keg for under $40.

$16.95 ea here

If the keg takes female fitings they are cheaper...Could turn that puppy into a ball lock keg for under $40.

$16.95 ea here

Thanks very much for that, Pok. You've talked me out of it. Just call me '3 kegs Argent' (rather than 2 sheds Jackson)... :p . What wonderful advice you can get on this forum.

Ta and regards

ToG

No prob ToG. Considering it is pinlock and has nor relief valve you are best off converting it for use in your own brewery...and anyway atleast you have another keg then :D

Back