10lt Cornelius Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoops

Reaction score
I have seen a few of the 10Lt Cornelius kegs kicking around but no-one will sell them, "rare as hens teeth" they say (which seems to be true).
I am curious if anyone has looked at getting some from the US? I am sure the freight would be too expensive for an individual but with a group like this, or even a few homebrew clubs combining buying power does anyone know if it is an affordable option? Anyone interested in doing something like this?

Hoops

I think Jayse may have looked into importing kegs for the US (50L ones but). They are cheap as chips over there for soda kegs, but I reckon that freight is going to be the big killer as you mentioned. They are bloody bulky for even just a few of them.

I'd be interested to read what you find out.

JD

im keen but as justin said freight will kill it.probably would have to pack a sea container to make it even out cost wise.
the amount of kegs to pack a sea container would be astronomical.
then theres the freight costs to ship the kegs around oz to the buyers. :(

18L Cornelius kegs on US Ebay, $9.99 US :(

I can get them here $100 each , they are 18lt one cut and rewelded , I have one myself , get for parties , fits into an esky , tap on the outside
I know show off material ! :rolleyes:

$45!!! That's a fine price. Do you sell whole setups? Best I can get here is $340-one keg,tap and lines. Single keg $90.

Adelaidehomebrew
$45 is awseome for those kegs!!
I have been getting them mates rates in Brizzy for $65 (just gone up to $70) and I found some in Perth on holidays for $65 so my advice is stock up while you can at that price.

The guy I got the kegs of in Perth got his kegs from the US. I think he got 100-200 at once.

Batz
I have been contemplating doing the same thing with one of my 18L kegs but I just can't bring myself to cut a good keg in half.

Hoops

I'm going to have to start kegging soon, but the equipment is quite a way down on the 'to buy' list. #1 on the list is a chest freezer, I am incapable of brewing in this heat. :angry:

Oh yeah, for the small kegs Stainless tanks & pressure vessels in VIC have 5/9/18/23/45/106 litre kegs all brand new and shiny! but a little bit pricey. :(

[email protected]

(03) 9752 2400

hope this helps

Cheers
Damo

... a little pricey.

The prices on the pages don't include GST or freight.
Horrendous prices even for new kegs.
They must do limited runs of them.

Beers,
Doc

rcb equipment might have them?? I bought 2 x 18L kegs off them for US$12 each and had them shipped to oz by USPS (took around 2 months) for US$21.20. At 0.75 exchange rate that works out to AUD30 a keg. Its worth it even in small quantities.
Try
http://www.rcbequip.com/index.html

With the idea of using a 10 L keg for parties what do you do about gasing it? No one wants to carry a CO2 cylinder around with them

Use a soda stream bottle , get them at garage sales for nix , you can gas them up from your BOC bottle , I made a little button thing at work so my standard regulator fits it

I also use a soda stream bottle. I had a Fitter at work turn up a reg fitting for me too. It has a different thread to fit the sodastream bottle, and a nipple to push the valve in.

I am also in the process of putting together a sodastream bottle with a S/S ball valve and standard reg thread so a normal reg will fit. I have seen and taken pictures of this setup, will try to post pics later tonight.

"this guy" thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Hoops

Here's a few pics of my gas system when going mobile.

The reg....

Complete_Reg.JPG

A view of the gas ports and nipple.....

Gas_Ports___Nipple.JPG

A side view of the manufactured adaptor.....

Side_view.JPG

and lastly the modified Soda Stream bottle.....

Soda_Stream_Bottle_1.JPG

Back