Zwickle Hits Sydney Today

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o'rly ?

sounds like a good excuse to visit the australian in the rocks. could be a warmup for the post-easter gathering...

is zwickle staying at your place pumpy ??

Sounds like somebody is about to get hit with a little creautres or 2. Welcome to the land downunder, where women cook and men chunder (or something).

Welcome Zwickel, work commitments mean I have to leave the Sunshine Coast on Mar 7 for Port Douglas. Hope we can catch up before that. How is Zwickel travelling around?

he's hiring a car & driving from MEL to ADL, after we made him the new airport and everything...
i think he's bringing his SWMBO.

tangent said:
i think he's bringing his SWMBO.
[post="110884"][/post]​

Did he bring any of his local liquid cuisine with him to sample :p

here's hoping he has a few stubbies tucked in his spare shoes
i wish i was babysitting his brew equipment - his mash tun stirrer looks the goods!

Why would peter want to drive from mel to adl ?? All the cheap hops are in newie or qld ...

actually dane or maybe doc could tell from the ip's zwickle posted from, maybe.

edited :

Hello brewmates,

sorry for not writing in a long time.
First, when I arrived in Sydney, I didn't have a Car and no Computer either.
So, first I had to manage to get a car, but after that I couldn't drink beer anymore.
Then we went to Adelaide, it tooks us 5 days to get there, visited Grumpy's Beerhouse (thanks to Thomas "tdh") then heading up to Coober Pedy, Flinder's Range, Broken Hill, Grafton, Brisbane, Rockhampton and are now in Mackay.
So far we drove already 7300 km here in Australia.

I think, I have to come again, alone, for a pub crowl, or Germans would say a Biertour, without any car.
Driving that much and drinking beer doesn't match at all.

Having a couple of days at Ball-Bay, relaxing and monday going further north.

5. of Apr. I'm gonna leave Australia.

Cheers Zwickel.

hope youve caught up with some ahb crew on your oz journey zwickel.enjoy the rest of your trip.

cheers
big d

Zwickle

If you make it to Townsville make sure you drop into the Brewery in Flinders Street Mall. It's located at the east end of the mall. The beers are excellent, so enjoy.

Cheers

Stephen - former Townsville resident

Good to see you (2) at the Brewhaus for a chat and beer.

Grumpy's turned out to be the German tourist Treffpunkt that evening, they were everywhere!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Zwickel and may the beer be kind to you!

tdh

Lothar, replied to your other post, am in Port Dougles for another 4 weeks and wondering if you are going to make it this far North, let me know. Boy that was some drive, we did it last June, from Adelaide towing a caravan, up through Coober Pedy and Alice Springs to Tennant Creek and then across into Queensland via Mt Isa and Longreach then across to Seaforth/Ball Bay on the coast, stayed there for 6 weeks. You will have to come back some time to see the other 2/3 of Australia.

Cheers

Back