Yeast Alternatives

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking at doing a Brown Porter shortly & recipe called for Danstar 3767 Nottingham. Would Wyeast 1098 British Ale or 1335 British Ale II be ok as a replacement?
Also I'm looking at replacing my Wyeast 1056 Ale yeast to 1272 Wyeast, all American, for my APA, any foreseeable problems?

Cheers

on the first count the wlpoo7 should make a good replacement and on the second the only problem with 1272 is you will never want to go back to 1056 and its annoying ability to never floc out.

on the first count the wlpoo7 should make a good replacement and on the second the only problem with 1272 is you will never want to go back to 1056 and its annoying ability to never floc out.

Thanks mate,
Any tips to help floc out apart from controlled fermentation temp & a 2 litre yeast starter?
Notorious for being a bad floccer?

sorry to confuse you,but what i meant to say was that the 1272 flocs out a hell of a lot better than 1056 no tricks needed. it might be just me but 1056 just seems to take forever to drop out and as a result i havent used it for 12 months or more.

sorry to confuse you,but what i meant to say was that the 1272 flocs out a hell of a lot better than 1056 no tricks needed. it might be just me but 1056 just seems to take forever to drop out and as a result i havent used it for 12 months or more.

Ok,
Thanks for that. I will give the 1272 a go & see how it goes.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back