• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: Carboys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margrethe

Reaction score
Greetings, I am a new member here.

I'm getting into brewing mead, and might tip my hand at some beer for the DH ;)

I'm in need of a couple of reasonable size and condition glass carboys, if anyone happens to have one or two just lying around ;)

I'm in Wollongong, NSW, will travel an hour or so north or south, maybe a bit further depending.

Or if you don't have any laying around, perhaps you have knowledge of somewhere local where I can get them that won't break the bank?

I am a super dooper newbie, but am a willing learner- so I'll be soaking up all the info I can from here- already I've learned some things I didn't already know and I've only been here half an hour!!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome aboard.

Most good home brew shops sell glass carboys. The 23 litre type will cost you anywhere between $60 and $90. A few guys here use them for fermenting beer as well as myself. I use both bucket feremnters and one glass. I also use the 5lt demijohns for making yeast starters in.

Cheers
Gavo.

Awesome! Thankyou Batz. I have been searching EBay- and am confused as to why that listing didn't show up to me. Very very weird.

Thanks for the welcome!

Not sure how far these are from you

http://tinyurl.com/bgqynn

Batz

Pick up from Wentworthville - wouldn't mind one myself. Only a 350klm drive for me though ! Wonder what the final price will be ? A good pickup if the price stays is less than $100 @.

Being a Gonger, try Northern Brew at the Princes Highway Woonona or All Things Brewing at Albion Park both stock carboys and at Woonona they are agents for the Better Bottle plasticy carboys. Get to whatever HB shop you are close to and have a look at what they have.

For the record I have been looking for cheap glass carboys and I reckon eBay is not the best source for them. Been thinking of putting up notices at various ethnic clubs in Wollongong seeking some from ex wine people (more likely in the european migrant clubs).

Best of luck.

There are some very nice glass carbouys (50 litre I think) for sale in Sydney (Nth Beaches) They have been stored in the moulded polystyrene boxes that they came in. Send me a PM if you are interested & I will put you in contact with the guy
Cheers
Gerard

Greetings, I am a new member here.

I'm getting into brewing mead, and might tip my hand at some beer for the DH ;)

I'm in need of a couple of reasonable size and condition glass carboys, if anyone happens to have one or two just lying around ;)

I'm in Wollongong, NSW, will travel an hour or so north or south, maybe a bit further depending.

Or if you don't have any laying around, perhaps you have knowledge of somewhere local where I can get them that won't break the bank?

I am a super dooper newbie, but am a willing learner- so I'll be soaking up all the info I can from here- already I've learned some things I didn't already know and I've only been here half an hour!!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Back