World's Greatest Pubcrawl - Maryborough Qld

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
This is an annual event in Maryborough, bit of a mega swill guzzlers event in the past. However this year they are including a food/beer pairing dinner with Chuck Hahn as guest speaker. I say we should patronise this event and infiltrate the event with as much good beer knowledge as we can offer the punters. Great opportunity for our Qld Craftbreweries to get involved too. I would encourage all Qld brewers to email their fav craft/micro's to get them to contact the organisers. A great opportunity here, this could be expanded in years to come into a brewfest, Tourism QLD already on board.

Some of the old Qld pubs that they visit are just fantastic. Like the Hideway at Tiaro, the owners are beer people and really nice, Tooheys Old on tap in the bush !!! Also the 100 year old Theebine pub is a fantastic old pub and the owner keeps beers like Hoegarden in stock. Nothing new, you can still breast the bar, the old fridge at the Hideaway has even subsided on one end along with the stumps under the pub. Ask about it "why fix it - it's part of the character" :lol: Great old pubs with real publicans, fantastic stuff.

Really exciting to see a possibility up this way.

Screwy

For more information or to purchase Pub Crawl merchandise, please contact the Maryborough Fraser Island Visitor Information Centre.

Tollfree: Phone: 1800 214 789
Fax: (07) 4123 2533
Email: [email protected]
Address: Maryborough City Hall
388-396 Kent Street
Maryborough QLD 4650

I think you'd have more chance flogging daylight savings, but go for it. :icon_cheers:

Could be right Perry, but doing nothing achieves nothing.

Checked the pairing dinner tickets ...........$95 thats more than the Brissy Good Beer Lunches. To be expected that dinner will be more expensive than a lunch but I think tickets will be difficult to sell to the beer brigade at $95

Sent an email asking for the menu and beer line up, see if it justifies the cost, if it's megaswill I'm not paying that much to hear what Chuck Hahn has to say.

Screwy

Reply to my email request. Missed out on the important part!

Thank you for your enquiry. Attached are some information sheets on the Dinner.

The menu has been designed by Chuck Hahn unfortunately I have not been able to give you the beers to be paired with the food:

Course 1 - Sandy Strait Beer Battered Whiting with baby caper shallot ailoi
Course 2 - Shucked Fresh Coffin Bay Oysters on salt sand with raspberry vincotta
Course 3 - Rabbit Chipolatas with sweet potato puree and fig & fennel chutney
Course 4 - Pork San Chow Bow on iceberg lettuce & ketchup manis
Course 5 - Beef Rogan Josh in a pappadam bowl with jasmine rice & coriander
Course 6 - Mary River Mud Cake & double cream
Course 7 - Testun Occelli Albarolo "Italy's most awarded drunken cheese"

Hope this has been of some help. Tickets are to be booked through the Brolga Theatre.

Regards

Kelli Sauer
Centre Coordinator
Maryborough/Fraser Island VIC
Fraser Coast Regional Council

Back