Wlp850 - Copenhagen Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJR

I'm out
Reaction score
Going through the White Labs site today and yesterday (which they've changed - now has alcohol tolerances for each yeast but has lost the handy "ratings" charts for each yeast) i noticed the seasonal platinum yeast for Sep/Oct is the WLP850 "Copenhagen Lager" - looking at the ratings last night which i can't see now it seems that it's pretty much valid for almost every style of lager, or so they reckon.

Who's used this yeast and what can they report? I'm interested in getting some to make a clean Aussie-style Lager. Is it the same as WY2042 Danish Lager and not worth getting? Or should i just be using something completely different ( WLP838/840 or just good old W34/70 ) for the typical Aussie Pale lager style?

Never mind everybody, turns out it's pretty much the same as WY2042 Danish Lager, which has alot of information about. White Labs replied to my email and pretty much said it's the same or very similar strain. Looks like a perfect yeast for that Aus/US Pale lager recipe to do just to show your mates that you can make beer the same way as the shite that passes for commercial these days :blink:

Back