Where To Buy Quick Disconnect Seals?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afromaiko

Incredibly Strong Ales
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can purchase replacement rubber seals for my quick disconnects? I had a look on the Craftbrewer site and asked Ross, the ones he sells are just round o-rings. But the seals I took out look like a flat washer, with a bit of a lip on them. Here is one from a fairly new disconnect:

disconnect_seal.jpg

Anyone know where I can purchase replacement rubber seals for my quick disconnects? I had a look on the Craftbrewer site and asked Ross, the ones he sells are just round o-rings. But the seals I took out look like a flat washer, with a bit of a lip on them. Here is one from a fairly new disconnect:

View attachment 24445

Its always possible they started out life round though. A round one will do the job admirably.

Go to a bearing and seal shop - they will have every shape, size, material O-ring you will ever need.

RM

What type of keg are they. If this is one from under the gas or dip tube they start round but end up flat after long term use. If you can show a picture of the post that may help if they are not the standard posts seen on the Craftbrewer site.

Cheers
Ian

What type of keg are they. If this is one from under the gas or dip tube they start round but end up flat after long term use. If you can show a picture of the post that may help if they are not the standard posts seen on the Craftbrewer site.

Cheers
Ian

It's not from a keg, but from the disconnects. I didn't think these things would be so hard to find. I have a stack of o-rings here and plenty that will fit but was concerned about them pinching and not sealing properly.

EDIT:

Like these

Its always possible they started out life round though. A round one will do the job admirably.

Go to a bearing and seal shop - they will have every shape, size, material O-ring you will ever need.

RM

This advice is the way to go then. Bearing shops do have everything just take your bits in with you and they will find something to fit.

If you try using a round o-ring use some food grade lube to help stop pinching.

:icon_cheers:

An 'o' ring is not suitable for that situation.

You'll need a rubber washer of some sort.

Batz

Glad to hear that I'm not seeing things then! I was beginning to think I'd have to swear off the liquor.

Back