What's This Japanese Beer Thingy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
Saw this today in the Melbourne MX newspaper (that's a free Murdoch bleeder given away to mindless commuters (like me) in Melbourne's CBD every weekday evening).

Anybody got an idea what the blazes this device is? The caption to the pic doesn't really say much (sub-editors - geez!). Is it just a CO2 sparker?

Cheers.

Japanese_beer_thingy.jpg

Dunno what it is but I know that anyone who gave me a beer that looked like that would get a punch in the mouth.

Well...she might get away with it but it is safe to say that you wouldn't.

This video might not help but it does show how truly awful this device is: http://vimeo.com/19197625

Ha!. Could be useful when shaving!

Looks like it's a small co2 charger device that uses tiny '1L kegs' to give impression of draught beer. Kinda like the heiniken 5L kegs.

Looks like sappo beer also. "only the best" my arse.

In short, stupid marketing gimmick most likely

bahahahahahaha thats absolutely terrible!

Initially I thought maybe it was a can opener, then I thought perhaps it was a chilling device making a warm beer cold as you poured it...

BUT it appears to be a beer frother?! :excl: :icon_vomit:

Whats even worse is someone has beaten me to it and now is on their way to making their millions (of yen admittedly) and complete (asian) beer domination :ph34r:

five dolla sucky sucky?

love you long time :)

Oh...... that was vietnam

On a second look it looks like its suposed to give good head?????

Looks like it's a small co2 charger device that uses tiny '1L kegs' to give impression of draught beer. Kinda like the heiniken 5L kegs.
It works on regular retail cans of beer in sizes of up to 500ml (which obviously is not 'regular' for us but Japan is pretty rad so you know...). Might be a CO2 bulb in it but to be honest I suspect a bunch of opposing channels to provide nucleation points (or whatever the correct term is), to be honest.

It works on regular retail cans of beer in sizes of up to 500ml (which obviously is not 'regular' for us but Japan is pretty rad so you know...). Might be a CO2 bulb in it but to be honest I suspect a bunch of opposing channels to provide nucleation points (or whatever the correct term is), to be honest.

A foam dispenser for fighting little fires.

An extraneous widget, not sure what the thing on the beer can is though ;)

Unless the Japanese have started producing dead flat beer i cant see and point in this. by the time she gets the can on the thing i could have cracked it and poured you and myself a over heady sh*t beer. By the time she's finished pouring we probably could have chucked that crap out and pour ourselves a homebrew.

Well that's just embarrassing.

To think someone got paid to design this entirely ulesless gizmo. Then someone funded prototypes, moulds and a mass production line. Boggles the mind.

What if, in a thousand years someone finds one of these...still pristine in a box somewhere. They'll just think we were all all daft. It's embarrassing.

Here's what found.

I'm lost for words.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

HC

Last edited by a moderator:
Back