whats the most you have brewed in a day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he wants links supporting the numbers you initially claimed.

I'd be interested too as I thought it was still the 24L per week that people always used to mention.

bum said:
I think he wants links supporting the numbers you initially claimed.I'd be interested too as I thought it was still the 24L per week that people always used to mention.
That fantastic legal resource, Wikipedia ;), has this to say :

"Legal for individuals to manufacture their own alcohol without paying excise with two provisions, that they do not employ the use of a still, and that they do not sell the product."

Nothing about volume

Stux said:
That fantastic legal resource, Wikipedia ;), has this to say :

"Legal for individuals to manufacture their own alcohol without paying excise with two provisions, that they do not employ the use of a still, and that they do not sell the product."

Nothing about volume

That's what my understanding was, just Nev mentioned "As a homebrewer 100L as a single batch, as a paid brewer 2400L." which is the links from Nev I was after.

100L at home (4 batches back to back) with Butters as my assistant keg drainer. 12hours brew day iirc.

1200L commercially (assisting the Head Brewer at Barossa Valley Brewery).

QldKev said:
That's what my understanding was, just Nev mentioned "As a homebrewer 100L as a single batch, as a paid brewer 2400L." which is the links from Nev I was after.

I think Nev was referring to the original topic of how much you have brewed in a day. Not the post above his asking about how much you can brew legally.

Aces High said:
I think Nev was referring to the original topic of how much you have brewed in a day. Not the post above his asking about how much you can brew legally.
Quite right, was refering to the OP post title.
Nev

just pumped out 231L of beer,1 x tripple batch(3 cubes)
4 x double batch (8 cube)
a total of 5 differnt beers
not all for me but was done on my brewery set up, was a eaiser day with 2 people,

Either 2 single batches or 1 double batch over a day.
I guess I'm not out to break any records, just try and do it right and not screw things up.

petesbrew said:
Either 2 single batches or 1 double batch over a day.
I guess I'm not out to break any records, just try and do it right and not screw things up.
pretty much got it right today,,,,,was ment to do the tripple batch last,,,,,,,so we had to put water in backets so we could move the 140l hlt down to become the boiler,other than that all good( my foult for being hung over)

1000L at Sierra Navada.

make that 10 barrels.

Yeah, that was surely a good brew day Pete. A great time was had by all.

browndog said:
Yeah, that was surely a good brew day Pete. A great time was had by all.
Chill out Tony there's no need to get so excited? :lol: :(
:icon_offtopic:
Merely raising the point of how things change over the years.
Seems just like yesterday when The Brewerhood was the No 1 kid on the block in Queensland (Where are you Bonj? ;) ) & we were all clicked together & united.

Fast-forward to 2013 with the multiple brew clubs/brew groups springing up like mushrooms all over the joint who seem to have their own local agendas instead? Not that there's anything wrong with that but things just aren't the same anymore. :(

Is there any way to sort this out? Some sort of Brewers Social Co-Op so to speak??

Just saying it as it is with a hint of enviousness as the brewers up here on the Sunshine Coast just don't want to know each other let alone get together which is very sad IMHO but I suppose wrapping yourself in you own cocoon has certain advantages????. :ph34r:

Back