What do you do with empty grain sacks?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homemade jewelery?

They look like the type who like pearls, perhaps?

Cocko said:
Cocko, I'm looking forward to seeing more photoshop action from you. I'd forgotten about the Don Burke brewing night stuff that you did: classic.

DAMN, that head mix pic took me ages!!

Best bit was I put his nieces head on his mothers body from memory.. may be wrong.

Can not find the pic now.. sorry.

DB - if you are reading this, do you have the pic somewhere?

Dragon, I pledge I will do my best.

WABOC.

I seen a few gain bag tote bags on the internets, actually look good. I'm just waiting for my sewing machine to arrive in the mail!

Black Devil Dog said:
I've only been AG brewing for a few months and I've been trying to come up with a use for my empty grain sacks.
What I want to know, is how many sacks do you have after 'a few months' ??? you must be brewing some seriously big batches?

I save mine because I'm sure they will come in handy one day. So far this thread has not inspired me, which is a shame because I now have shitloads of them. :lol:

I fill mine with cow shit and use it on the veggie gardens.

mckenry said:
What I want to know, is how many sacks do you have after 'a few months' ??? you must be brewing some seriously big batches?
Not sure what that's got to do with anything.

I just think it would be good to put them to use again if possible, if that's 1 or 1000 what does it matter?

FYI I've thrown out 5.

ratchie said:
I fill mine with cow shit and use it on the veggie gardens.
Ok now there's an idea, little loop and slip them of the steers tail, collect the next day! :p

Great ! Big mobs of cattle around here too. ;)

Might need a bit of tinkering, but it could work.

cow-toots.jpg

If anyone in western melbourne has any grain sacks they want to get rid of I'll happily give them a home. More than happy to exchange a couple of my finest......

Back