what apps do you use?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know of a decent IOS app that allows you to enter grain as % like you can with bewmate? Sometimes I might find a recipe while Im at work but its been given in % and I want to get my grain order in quickly so its ready for collection on time.

An app that turns the LED on my phone into a strobe light.

Cycling the speed makes the ceiling fan look like its stationary or spinning backwards!!!

So cool..

LabTimer. 4 alarms that can run side by side.

tbh, I just set the kitchen timer dial clock thing on.

i use the beersmith app. really cant wait for the full version so i can play with designing recipes while im waiting to get loaded/unloaded at work. another one i use occasionaly is homebrew calculater because the boil timer is pretty good.

BIABcalc is good for water & strike temp calcs. No timers oranything fancy. I brew with the KISS principle.

Truman said:
Anyone know of a decent IOS app that allows you to enter grain as % like you can with bewmate? Sometimes I might find a recipe while Im at work but its been given in % and I want to get my grain order in quickly so its ready for collection on time.
Beer Alchemy. :beerbang:

I'd love to use Brewmate more but as a mac user I can't -_- ....it would make a great phone app ( I for one would be happy to pay for it).

Muddy Waters said:
I'd love to use Brewmate more but as a mac user I can't -_- ....it would make a great phone app ( I for one would be happy to pay for it).
Especially if it had cloud support so you could use it on your phone in the brewery for the timers and stuff. I dont like the idea of lugging my laptop out into the brewery and I mainly use Brewmate on my desktop anyway.

Truman said:
Especially if it had cloud support so you could use it on your phone in the brewery for the timers and stuff. I dont like the idea of lugging my laptop out into the brewery and I mainly use Brewmate on my desktop anyway.
Beer Alchemy has an iphone and ipad app as well. All are able to be sync'd together. :chug:

I also use BeerAlchemy for iPhone and Mac. I love it, and the author actually replies to requests and questions. He said he'd put a krausening calculator in an upcoming release. The ability to sync between iPhone and Mac and back is great. Changes and notes I make to recipes on the train home are dead easy to upload.

Ooo, timers automatically generated from your recipes would be a dead handy addition to BeerAlchemy. Anyone know of another package that does that?

Latest posts

Back