Weyermann Liquid Malt Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albrews

Reaction score
hi, is anyone experienced in brewing "weyermann "liquid malt kits KK (pils and octoberfest), and any comments on the beer would be appreciated?

cheers,alan

somehow my day slumped a bit when i read that :blink:
that's it Pilsner malt bag, outside for you tonight!

hi, is anyone experienced in brewing "weyermann "liquid malt kits KK (pils and octoberfest), and any comments on the beer would be appreciated?

cheers,alan

I've tried the Vienna one. tho it was very expensive compared to your usual kits (about $40 and unhopped)a guy handed it to me and i couldn't pick it from an AG :blink:

Rob.

I have tried a Pilsner and Octoberfest that contained Weyermann liquid malts, not sure if they are the ones you are talking about.

I thought they had a bit too much "extract" character (stale?)

I have not seen any Weyermann brand kits, but would love to try them.

was it runnier than a can of goo?
like between a fresh wort kit and a can?

interesting....
i wonder if Coopers will ever change their can range for larger <- that means bigger! fancy kits?

interesting....
i wonder if Coopers will ever change their can range for larger <- that means bigger! fancy kits?

since they are aimed at the supermarket brewer i doubt it, hell they still bottle condition their beers :p

I have tried a Pilsner and Octoberfest that contained Weyermann liquid malts, not sure if they are the ones you are talking about.

I thought they had a bit too much "extract" character (stale?)

I have not seen any Weyermann brand kits, but would love to try them.

hi,
they are marketed by" drink art", and produced by a double decoction mash of weyermann malts.

cheers, alan

hi,
they are marketed by" drink art", and produced by a double decoction mash of weyermann malts.

cheers, alan

Check the label, because if they're the ones I'm thinking of (listed on the Weyermann website) they are just unhopped extract (produced using a double decoction mash).

Check the label, because if they're the ones I'm thinking of (listed on the Weyermann website) they are just unhopped extract (produced using a double decoction mash).

hi, these are hopped kits and 1 kg of sugar is recommended to be added to the 1.9 kg kit for 23 l of beer.

cheers, alan

Alan,

Those are the ones I tried, the 4kg jobs Kook refers to are unmalted extract sold by Weyermann.

I spoke to David Cryer of Cryer Malts about the LME and he commented they had brought a pallet in (I canot recall how long ago) but there was not much interest at the time and he did not think he would do it again. That was what started me on AG

Cheers

I tried to get some interest in these a year or so ago. From memory they were about the price as a "top-shelf" can. About $25 for 2.5 kilo can

cheers

Darren

Latest posts

Back