Western Australia - Looking for Hops Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoner87

Reaction score
Hey there,

This may seem like an odd request, but I'm working on a garden at the moment and the owner wants to use hops as a decorative backing to the side of the garden. The area gets full sun throughout the year.

Does anyone know where you can get hops rhizomes suitable for the coastal region of Western Australia? Specifically the metro region (Fremantle way). Variety doesn't really matter as they are unlikely to be harvested for use.

Any advice would be fantastic,

Kind regards,

Edward

There are plenty of guys on here who could sort you out with some rhizomes including myself.
You have to bear in mind that as an ornamental feature they only grow in summer and then die off for the winter months when you have to prune them back down to ground level.
Pride of Ringwood would do fine on most parts of the Swan Coastal Plain as long as they have 8+ hrs a day of full sun and shitloads of water

Hey Hippy i was also looking to find some rhizomes to and found them to be hard to find around here. I was just starting to get into growing them when i was in the states but had to leave them behind.
I am down here in Port Kennedy and want to get some going this year. would you be willing to share a few with me.

Thanks

Back