Weed killer on Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
Roundup, the gardener's friend.
gotta do some spraying tomorrow if I can find my tinfoil hat because of the Telstra tower up the hill.
Out my way they call it the Maltese wippa snippa.

Good article!!

Can't swear by it but was told by a wise old gardener to hose off as soon as possible and then use you "milk spray" (which is old school fungal control 60%/40% milk water i think) leave for a bit and then hose that off.

Makes sense with Good4's comment on metal binder . Always wondered why!

Some studies have shown it may have impact on worm reproduction, you should only spray when its not going to rain and to minimise the amount transferred to soil remove the dead material. Digging in the dead stuff is not a good idea if you believe those studies. Personally i like worms so why not make the extra effort. Glyphosate is one of the most studied chemicals on the planet and certainly better than most alternate herbicides except maybe a blowtorch! Which is hella fun!

You used to be able to get a garden blow torch on a wand device back in the 70s, as advertised on TV. I wonder how many people burned down their blocks (not to mention toes etc).

Shyte, still going !!! Butane Weed Wand.

So far no signs of damage. Weeds are toast though. Old bugger had a good aim I guess.

Back