• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted Couple Of Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a look in the hardware in the castors section. You can get threaded peices that hammer into the bottom of chair legs for castors that are the same thread as tap handles.

Thats what I used anyway.

Kabooby :)

A better photo of the handle:

img_6789_600w.jpg

Looks good bonj... :icon_cheers:

Now can you carve some curvey naked women?? :icon_chickcheers:
Not to good but.. dont want to get distracted and overflow.. :p

Sqyre..

Edit: something tastefull like this..
abstract_20nude.jpg

Looks good bonj... :icon_cheers:

Now can you carve some curvey naked women?? :icon_chickcheers:
Not to good but.. dont want to get distracted and overflow.. :p

Sqyre..

:lol: Yeah, I'd like to, but not sure my skills are up there. I've been using the dremel, a large chisel, and a small file. Probably need the "flexi-shaft" attachment for the dremel for anything more fine than this.

Actually carving some tiny mashpaddles might make interesting handles..

Sqyre..

I'd be worried about the strength of the timber if you make them too small. The handle I'm carving is more rustic, which suits my "hack and slash" carving style. I copied the idea from a resin cast handle on ebay :p

Got a gold one if still required. Brewery handle for Pure blonde. Adaptor kit also for either Brumby or flowryte.

new progress shot of my tap handle:
tiki_tap_progress2.jpg

new progress shot of my tap handle:

Nice work there Bonj.

One down, one to go?

The tap on the right looks a little naked without one ontop of it too.... :lol:

Are you staining/laquering it once done too I assume?

Thanks Raven. One down, two to go ;)

Yes, I will be staining and sealing to approximate the colour of Hawaiian Koa, which is similar to Mahogany. I'll also be painting part of the shaped sections flat black to simulate a burnt look, which looks great on full size tikis. Inside the mouth will be one part that will be black.

Anyone who's poured a beer would know these handles

tap_handle.jpg

I am after two of the red ones

Batz

now that batz has got his, thought id hijack his thread and ask if anyone has any more?
im after 1 red and 1 white one.
cheers guys

i did try andale, spoke with a guy named luke i think.
he told me $20 each and they only have red ones.
prefer second hand prices if available too.
You're kidding?

I emailed them asking for a quote for a new black handle for the floryte tap that I sold on here a coupla weeks back. The quote was $10+FGST, which I received by email. Postage of course would take that up but it seems you would be paying that anywhere.

Try emailing them, you will get the accounts woman who actually knows whats going on.
Viv Jeffries [[email protected]]

Clip_2.jpg

Cheers,
Jake

You're kidding?

I emailed them asking for a quote for a new black handle for the floryte tap that I sold on here a coupla weeks back. The quote was $10+FGST, which I received by email. Postage of course would take that up but it seems you would be paying that anywhere.

Try emailing them, you will get the accounts woman who actually knows whats going on.
Viv Jeffries [[email protected]]

View attachment 25165

Cheers,
Jake

hmm.. odd.
u sure thats for this style handle and not the standrd one the taps come with?
only other thing i can think of is that i spoke with melbourne branch.
hadnt though of trying other states, not a bad idea.
ill send a few emails out and let ya no how i go.
cheers

u sure thats for this style handle and not the standrd one the taps come with?
I dont know what the difference is, I just asked for a handle for the floryte tap. It could be they are different. I presume my quote was for a standard one, mind you they seem fine to me, its only opening a valve :)
Good luck with it.
Cheers,
Jake

Back